Chapter one

Jessica

Earlier that day

“Do you believe that?!” My 'Best friend' Robyn shouted to me. We were walking into the gates of our school. A high class, all girls school full of rich girls and snobs. I was neither, I hoped. I mean I was rich but, I hated showing my wealth off. Robyn was in simple words; a bitch. She was never nice about anyone but herself. I don't know why I was friends with her. Because our parents were so close probably. After all in my mum's book. Robyn was the right person to make friends with.

“Believe what?” I asked her. Glancing at her overly fake tanned face and blonde highlights. She believed this was how she was going to get a boy. I couldn't care less about them, and filled my time with other hobbies.

“That guy was in my dads bank last night, ya know the break and enter guy?”

Oh Yes “The guy who goes in leaves a note about the crap security and leaves?” I asked, adjusting the straps on my school bag. I had a maths text book in it. Which was what was making it so heavy.

“Yeah, that one, he was in my dad's bank and he's totally freaking out! I mean he was in his bank.” Robyn was going over the top with the whole his bank thing, I mean her dad was the top man of that one but nothing important compared to what some of the people in that bank did. There were millions in that bank and the security was terrible. So maybe I'd taught them a lesson by leaving my note in the vault.

“How do you know it's a guy?” I asked her as we walked down the classroom towards tutor group.

“Well, duh, why would a girl do that? It's crazy. Whoever does that is stupid and doesn't deserve to live.” She told me, her nose in the air.

'Ouch' I thought to myself. After all I was the person we were discussing. Even if she and the rest of the world didn't know it. “Ever though that they were doing it to help tighten up security a bit?”

“Urgh, as if, they're just doing it for attention” She told me rocking slightly in her massive heels. I had no idea how she could wear them. They were huge. “Anyway” She tossed her, bleached hair over her shoulder. “Did you know that Sarah Ryans has a boyfriend? I mean come on she's so ugly.”

I zoned out of her rant. Doing the occasional nod and pretending to look interested. We reached our tutor group room and I pushed open the door. The teacher didn't look up as he said “Robyn Jackson and Jessica Black, you are both five minutes late to you registration.”

“Sorry sir” I mumbled. Robyn just gave him a look of contempt and sat in her usual seat. I joined her at the back corner and stared out the window. Across the courtyard were more class rooms and I could just about see the tops of students heads in them.

I dumped my school bag on the floor and tried to remember what I had packed for tonight. Tonight was big. A luxury apartment in which the owner had millions of pounds of jewels stored. I had planned the whole route in and what I had needed for it. A small torch was in the front pocket of the backpack. Trampoline shoes. Which were amazing, I'd found not just for silence but also for grip. They were in black and fit into my backpack with ease. There was a coil of rope there too, as well as clamps for it. Then of course a pen and paper, which I left at the end.

“Jessica Black?” Our teacher called.

“Here” I had no idea when I had started this. It might have been when I had gotten locked in toilets and had to climb out the window to escape. Situations like that always came to me and I got better and better. I begun breaking and entering a year ago, when my parents divorced. I didn't steal anything. Technically because I didn't want any of it. But the rush of adrenaline that came with the not being caught was amazing. Tonight should be no different. After all, it was just another night. Another challenge. Another rush.