viii | Taking Turns

About a dozen or so villains were positioned outside the cave, weapons and quirks ready. They could hear a loud stomp of footsteps inching towards the entrance of the cave. The villains faltered a bit upon seeing a 6ft tall suit composed of steel.

Some of the villains glanced at each other in pure confusion.

"FIRE!!!" The group leader yelled, before they all began to shot at the suit, only for the bullets to once again bounce back and not do any damage. When the ammunition ran out, the villains stared at the suit baffled.

"My turn~" Mirai sung in a low tone, before fire blasts from the weapons attached to the arms of her suit. Screams could be heard as the villains began to run and duck for cover. She began to set fire tall the boxes from her company.

A woman with a target quirk was a few meters away. She gripped a sniper gun and pulled the trigger, shooting multiple bullets at Mirai, which began to damage the suit.

Mirai fell to one knee.

'Crap' Mirai thought, gritting her teeth. She then pulled a trigger on her arm, which set off an explosion to erupt from leftover Jupiter missile parts. This caused the woman and the rest of the villains to be knocked back. She then flipped to her jet boots, before she took to the sky, causing the campsite to blow to bits.

Not even a minute into the air, the steel suit began to descend closer and closer to the desert floor. Mirai screamed as she crashed into the sand, located on the other side of the mountains. The suit broke upon impact with the ground.

She flailed her arms and legs out, trying to get out of the mess and manages to stand up. She stared at her surroundings as she took deep breaths.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Mirai wheezed, before falling back onto the hot sand and stared up at the clear blue sky, something she hasn't seen in awhile. She held her fist up to it as if she was giving it a fist-bump.

"Nailed it!"

•••

Moving in a random direction all together, Mirai trudged through the desert, tripping and stumbling over sand dunes.

She held her leather jacket over her to protect herself from the blistering sun. The metal of the quirk restraints burning her wrists. There was nothing for miles and she was beginning to lose hope.

One of her arms was definitely sprained, but she didn't really care about that. Her blood and bruised coated her skin and she was beginning to feel dehydrated.

Almost as if her prayers were answered, Mirai heard a buzzing noise coming from behind her. She turned around, just as helicopters flew over her head.

Her eyes widened.

'Please don't be a mirage. Please don't be a mirage. Please don't be a mirage. Please, please don't be a mirage...'

"HEY!!!" Mirai yelled, as she began waving her arms rapidly in the air, "OVER HERE!"

Thankfully, one of the helicopters landed onto the sandy dune.

Mirai fell to her knees, gasping for breath, her vision hazy.

"MIRAI!!!"

She noticed 3 blurry figures running towards her. When they got closer, she realized whom they were. Mirai beamed for the first time in months as Tsukauchi, Toshinori in his muscle form and Aizawa practically sprinted towards her. They crouched around her, hugging, tearing up and looking over her scratches and bruises.

After a few minutes of reuniting, Tsukauchi asked the teenager, "How was your fun-vee?"

Mirai burst out laughing.

•••

"So how did you guys find me?" Mirai asked the 3 men, sipping out of a clean water bottle. Her head was lying on Aizawa's lap as he cleaned and disinfected the cuts on her face. Tsukauchi was busy wrapping her sprained arm in bandages. He frowned at the quirk restraints locked around her wrists.

It was quite weird for Mirai to be speaking her native tongue again. When they first started speaking Japanese to her, she almost didn't understand the language after hearing and speaking English for so long.

"When we heard the news about an explosion in Afghanistan, we knew we just had to check it out to see if there was a chance you were involved." Toshinori said, from his seat. His body was nearly touching the ceiling of the plane.

Mirai nodded. She then got quiet as her mind suddenly drifted to Yinsen. All her pent up emotions from the last 3 months started to finally get to the young girl. So when Tsukauchi and Aizawa finished patching her up, Mirai turned around on her side, facing Aizawa's stomach.

Said man looked down at her in confusion and before he could ask what was wrong, he noticed fresh tears streaming down her bruised cheeks.

Opting to say nothing, Shota simply placed a hand on her head and brushed his fingers through her hair.

Toshinori and Tsukauchi stared at the girl in sympathy as she shoulders slightly shook. They knew she would be embarrassed, so they didn't say anything. After a few minutes of silently crying, Mirai managed to fall asleep.

Aizawa continued to rub her head as he dozed off himself while Tsukauchi went to search for a tool to remove those restraints. All Might sighed softly and stared out at the clouds from the window of the helicopter.

'We found her Daisuke...we found her.'