Chapter 33 ➼ ℰ𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑒𝓈

Start from the beginning

Angelina lets out a growl, the flames burning from her arms hearing up as she glares at Echo.

"Your king is my friend, he's Angelina's soulmate! Let us help him!" Clarke begs the woman.

Echo simply glares at Angelina, "I saw you two in the City of Light. I know that you destroyed it. Thank you for that." Raen holds Angelina in her place as Echo shoves Clarke into Bellamy. "Look around you," she calls out. "Skaikru did this to us! Because of them, Ontari, your rightful commander is dead! This imposter stole her flame." The woman glares at Angelina just as hard as she does for Clarke.

"Are you kidding me!?" The brunette yells from Raen's hold.

"Sleya and Wanheda saved us all!" Kane argues. "All of us, grounder and Skaikru."

"There would have been nothing to save us from if not for you," Echo snarls.

"Alie would have found her way here with or without Skaikru," Angelina barks.

"Azgeda has no authority here," Kane tells the woman.

"We do now," Echo simply states. "In the name of King Roan, as rightful caretakers of the throne of the commanders, Polis is now under Azgeda rule!"

"Like hell it is!" A woman snarls, moving herself to stand before Echo. "Where's your war chief, girl?"

"Our war chief is dead, ambassador," Echo tells her. "As a member of the queen's guard, command of the army has fallen to me until the king awakens."

"If he awakens," the woman responds, making Raen's grip on the magical girl tighten as she thrashes against him. "Until a new commander can ascend, Polis is to be ruled by the ambassadors of the coalition! If Azgeda wants it, they must take it by force!"

Angelina watches the smirk resting in Echo's glance as she slices the ambassador's neck. The woman gasps, falling to the street as she bleeds out.

"Consider it taken," Echo smirks before turning to her guard. "No Skairku leaves this city." She raises her sword above her head, the ambassador's blood steadily dripping from it's blade as she yells out, "gon azgeda!" (For Azgeda!)

Angelina stands in the corner of the throne room beside Raen as she peers between guards who block her way. Echo demanded the girl no where near the room as their healer worked on Roan, but Angelina had no parts of it, her emotions throwing her magic out of wack until Echo at least allowed her inside the room.

"Echo! I can fix him, but I need a medical doctor! Herbs and prayers won't do shit for a gun shot wound! If he dies on that table, so help me, you're gonna wish it was you!" Angelina had snarled at the woman, her green magic propelling off her body, begging to pounce.

With Raen's persuasion, Echo at least allowed Angelina in the room. Honestly, the woman feared what her king would say if he woke up and didn't find his soulmate in the room before him.

Angelina stands shoulder to shoulder with Raen, her eyes never leaving Roan as Raen's eyes never leave the girl who slowly became his family, one of the only people he knew would always stick by his side. Angelina, Roan and Echo were all Raen had, but with everything in him he knew that if it came down to Angelina or Echo, Raen knew he wouldn't leave Angelina's side.