Chapter 9

JISOO

I entered our house and looked for Jennie immediately, I saw her on the living room talking to someone on the phone.

"Yeah, yeah... I know... Yes... I-I will... Thanks," she hangs up the phone and let out a deep sigh.

"Hey,"

"Hik!" She was shocked and I chuckled a little bit. "You scared me!" She rolled her eyes.

I hug her from her back and gave her a kiss on her chubby cheek. She smiled so I smiled back.

"How's your day?" I asked her. I also noticed that she haven't change her outfit yet.

"I just got home from a meeting," she answered. I nodded my head. "How about you? Where have you been?"

"Well, I saw Jeongyeon and Nayeon at the starbucks. They are working there and guess what..."

"Oh! My maids before?" I nodded, "Oh, guess what? What is it?" She curiously asked.

"They're engaged!" I exclaimed. She looked so surprised and happy at the same time.

"Jinja?!" She happily said, "Oh my! When's the wedding?"

"Probably next year," I answered. "And you know what—"

Her phone rang again so I stopped talking. She gestured she will take the call before answering it. I just watched her talking to the person right now or whoever that is.

"What? S-She ordered that?" She looks at me looking so terrified, "W-Well... Okay..." she said before hanging up the phone.

"Why? Are you okay?" I asked her worriedly.

"It.. It was Kai," she gulped. "Our manager told us to post an instagram story... like as if we're close or something... just to you know.. make noise." She bit her lower lip and look away.

"Oh," I said. But instead of getting worried about it, I shrugged my shoulders. "That's fine. That's for your movie. Your success, and who I am to meddle with that?" I fake a laugh.

"Y-You're not mad?" She asked me happily.

I shook my head, "No way. Why would I be mad to you?" I asked and pinched her cheeks. "Come on, give me a kiss!" She quickly kissed my lips and hugged me so tight.

"I thought you'll be mad," She said, still hugging. "Good thing you understand." she chuckled.

"Yeah," I answered. "I do."

•••

The next day, Jennie and I ate breakfast together. It was fun actually. We were just goofing around and playing while making pancakes. But, time to time she has to answer her phone call because of her manager—which I completely understand. She wants that fame, I won't ruin everything for her.

We are eating our pancakes when I saw an unknown number calling her. She looks so hurry and left me eating on our dining table. I didn't think about it and just continue to eat.

We went to starbucks where I met Nayeon and Jeongyeon. We have a chit chat with them and it was so nice.

"So, are you really adopting a baby?" Nayeon carelessly asked. I widened my eyes at her and she looked so shock because of what she asked.