Chapter 8

JISOO

"I'm trusting you on this, Mrs. Kim."

I gladly accepted his handshake and smiled widely. I nearly cried when I heard those words. Mr. Lee Park June is one of the most anticipated CEO. He has a lot of hotels and resorts here in Seoul even in other countries. But, he trusted me. He trusted us once more. This is a new start.

A famous and rich family will be having a wedding this weekend and we're assigned to their meals. They are kinda demanding about what dish they want to but I tried hard. I watch some youtube videos about because they want an Intalian dishes. Her husband's family is an Italian, that's why.

"Smells good," Jennie said as she arrives home. What dish is that?" she asked as she watches me make this dish.

"Bruschetta, mi amore." I winked. She giggled and waited for me.

"Full of Italian dishes," she said as she realized my menu.

"Yeah, kinda complicated.. I will teach this to my chefs tomorrow." I said, she nodded her head and waited for me.

Few moments later, she called my name.

"Jisoo."

"Mhmm?" I replied.

"About the baby—"

"It's fine Jen. I won't ask you anymore about that." I replied and become serious.

I still don't know what's stopping her. I know it's not just because of her dream. I know somethings off about her. I told her to become more open but she didn't. There are still parts of her story that I don't know. I will try to know about it but not this time.

She nodded her head and tried to smile.

I know it's hard for her too. But if she loves her career so much, then how about me? Does.. does she care about me?

I finished almost midnight. I taste all of the foods and become satisfied with the outcome. Lia was already out of jail. I was about to hire her back but she refused.

"Stop risking everything Miss Jisoo," she said. "Thank you for everything, for still giving me a chance. For not giving up on me... but I already put so much burden in you.."

"Stop saying that—"

"You know it's true. You're indenial. You love your career, your dreams.. So why trust me again? A person who almost ruin everything from you?"

I couldn't speak. Because I don't know the answer.

"Thank you for everything Miss Jisoo," she bowed. "Don't worry... I'll take care of myself." she said before leaving.

Stop risking everything? Am I risking everything?

•••

Next day, I went to the restaurant to teach my chefs including Taehyung. He is the one who made it perfect and he guides everyone as well. I couldn't say more, Taehyung is perfect for this job. He loves his job, and I am grateful he stayed.

I went to Jennie's agency and gave her lunch. Everyone looks at me and wondering. I knew it. Not everyone will accept me here. But, why is that Irene is not an issue to them? Irene dumped Jennie and they didn't even say a word.