"Okay," he said, smiling.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing," he said, his smile getting broader as he closed his eyes.

"Nolan!" I whined. I didn't like being left out.

"You've become dependent on me," he said, opening his eyes again.

"I want to punch you so badly right now," I said with a sigh, but I couldn't help but smile too. His happiness was infectious.

"With your lips?" he asked as he finally decided to sit up.

I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek, right before getting up from the bed.

Later that morning, after a shower and some breakfast, I called Gen, asking if she had time.

"Look, I'm sorry for not calling you earlier but I need help, Gen."

"You can't just do that, Oakley! I'm still your bigger sister!"

"We're not related!"

"I know, crazy right? Either way, please tell me how you're doing first, and then we can talk. You had me all worried and shit."

"We can talk if you let me come over today. It's work-related. Please just help me?"

"Today?" she asked. "What time?"

"I don't care. I just need your help."

"Fine. Where are you? I'll pick you up. I'm on my way home right now."

"I'm at Nolan's place. It's fine though. We'll just take his car."

"How cute that you basically can't live without him."

I wanted to argue but that would imply that I could live without him, which was far from the truth, so I just rolled my eyes, knowing she can't see me.

"We'll be there in half an hour, okay?"

"Perfect."

•••

"If it isn't my favorite couple," she said with her arms wide open.

"I get it. We're cute," I said, letting myself in as I pulled Nolan with me.

"Nolan, how are you doing?" she asked.

"Oh, I'm good," he mumbled, looking anywhere but at her. She looked at me, raising an eyebrow. Did she only now notice his anxiety? Or has it been getting more noticeable in general? Did this mean it was getting worse?

"Awesome. So, Oakley, I feel like you have some kind of plan," Gen said, crossing her arms as she already started making her way to her studio.

Her studio had everything a studio needs, with the most prestigious of equipment. I tried creating one in my basement too, but I found myself spending too much time alone in there, stressing myself out with trying to make music. I rarely used it now. Mine was basically a huge waste of money.