22194

Norman sighed as he began packing for his "adoption." The boy knew he wouldn't be needing any of these things since he was headed towards his death, but he knew he had to pack something. He dug through his drawers until his fingers brushed against a familiar cup and string toy...the string phone.

The boy smiled gently as he picked it up, tenderly holding it in his hands as a memory swept through his mind.

"*COUGH! COUGH!*"

Isabella sighed with a shake of her head as she glanced at the thermometer in her hands. "Another cold. No snowball fights for you."

The only response Norman could make was a moan. Isabella stood up and closed the door, a "DO NOT ENTER" sign hanging on the door nob. Resting on his bed, the boy could hear Penny, Emma, and the other kids asking about him.

"Norman can't play anymore?" Emma asked.

"Not until he gets better." Isabella told them. "Which means I don't want any of you in the infirmary for a while, understand?"

"Yes, mom." The kids sighed sadly.

"I hope Norman gets better..." Penny's high pitched voice moaned. "I miss him..."

Norman sighed, feeling lonely as he shifted in his covers, letting out a small moan as he glanced up at the clock. Something orange caught his gaze, and he let out a yelp as little Emma jumped up at him with a "Booo!"

"E-Emma!" Little Norman gasped, quickly trying to get away from her as she hopped happily on him. "I came to visit!"

Norman coughed. "Yeah, but, Mom said not to...."

"I know she did!" Emma grinned. "But you're all by yourself when you get sick like this! I thought you might be lonely! Even Penny thought it would be a good idea to check on you!"

Even though he was sick, Norman felt his cheeks turn bright red as he watched the ginger haired girl hop on the bench. "I'll do the talking so you don't have to! Is that okay?"

Norman winced, covering his mouth and turning away from her. "You can't stay here! You'll catch my cold!"

Emma grinned. "That isn't true!"

Norman glanced at Emma in confusion as the little girl proudly put a hand to her heart. "I was told I'll never, ever get sick!"

"Emma!"

At the sound of Isabella's voice, Emma jumped, completely startled by the sudden entrance of their mother. "When did you sneak in here? Careful, or you'll get sick to!"

Emma turned on the stool towards Isabella with a wide grin. "Don't worry, Mom! Ray said that I'd be fine! Even Penny agrees with him!"

Isabella glanced at Emma in confusion. "What?"

"This book said that idiots don't get sick." Ray's voice pipped up. Beside him, little Penny nodded in agreement. "Yup!"

Isabella sighed and grabbed Emma's arm, dragging the ginger haired girl out. "Regardless, you can't be in here, Emma. You can play with him once he's better. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mom." Emma sighed as Isabella closed the door behind them. Norman lowered his outreached hand with a moan.

Outside, Isabella strapped police tape across the door, big words giving the instructions "KEEP OUT!" covering the door.

Norman shuffled in his bed. The sound of kids laughing and throwing snowballs at each other was heard outside, and Norman let out a lonely moan. He closed his eyes again, but the sight of a familiar orange haired girl popped out again, forcing him to open his eyes again. The boy let out a gasp of surprise as Emma jumped up happily, her little arms raised. "I'm back!"