Truth Hurts

After dinner that night, Penny shuffled uneasily in her seat as she, Emma, Norman, and Ray faced Don and Gilda. Ray finally broke the silence. "Well?"

Don slightly lifted his glare. "We were just in....Mom's secret room okay?"

"What?!" Penny squeaked, surprised at the sudden confession.

"But how?!" Emma asked.

Gilda shifted in her seat, looking down guiltily. "You see, Don stole the key and..."

"He what?!"

Norman's eyes widened. "Wait. Did she..."

Gilda shook her head. "I don't think she noticed, and we already put it back, so..."

"That was a stupid move!" Ray snapped, causing Gilda to shift guiltily. Ray continued. "Did you not even stop to think that the room could've had a camera or an alarm? What would you have done then? If Mom or Krona found out, you two, no, we'd all be-"

"Tell us what would happen, Ray?" Don snapped, glaring at the raven-haired boy. He turned to Emma, who winced. Don's expression darkened. "Would we all be...killed? When we searched the secret room, we found Little Bunny." he pounded his fists on the table. "You kept us hopeful. Said we'd save them!" He stood abruptly, glaring at the four. "But we can't save them, can we? 'Cause they're all..." he shuddered. He glanced up, his eyes wide with horror. "Connie and the others are..."

Emma's eyes widened, and she stood up and leaned over the table pleadingly. "Look, I'm so sorry!"

Gilda's eyes widened. "Then...they're really..."

"You see, Gilda?" Don snapped. "They were lying to us after all!" He leaned over to Emma and hissed angrily. "What are you hiding?! Just tell us the truth!"

Penny backed up to Norman, quite scared of Don's sudden anger. She watched quietly as Norman shared a look with Emma, and Norman nodded. They told Don and Gilda everything.

Don's eyes widened in horror. "Demons? A farm?"

"You're saying..." Gilda shuddered fearfully. "Every one of us was raised to be eaten?"

"And Ray is...a spy?!" Don stuttered. "No way..."

"He did it for us." Norman said.

Penny stayed quiet the whole time, feeling guilty. She knew it was a bad idea from the start of not telling the whole truth to Don and Gilda. She knew from the start that this was what was going to happen. And she couldn't do anything about it because she was scared of what Don's reaction was going to be.

Don stood up, facing Ray. "Then...you knew what was going to happen to Connie that day, Ray? And Emma, Norman, Penny, you guys lied so we wouldn't know you were taking us in a world full of demons? And you, Penny, you followed them? You allowed them to let them lie to us?"

Penny stared at Don fearfully. "I...I..."

Don let out a deep breath, and then what burned Penny's heart was when Don started laughing madly. Penny's frame shook as she watched him, and her eyes widened on what Don did next...he punched Norman's face, and Norman grunted as he tumbled to the floor, cupping his cheek.

"Norman!" Penny cried, running up to the boy and helping him sit up. She turned to Don, her eyes wide with fear. "Don, what's gotten into you?!"

"SERIOUSLY???!!!!" Don screamed, raising his fist up at Penny, and the girl quickly covered herself with her arms, and let out a yelp of pain as he punched her painfully on her arm. Ray narrowed his eyes and quickly stood up, standing in front of Penny protectively. "Wait, Don, STOP!" The raven haired boy let out a yelp as Don punched him next. Penny's eyes shrunk as she watched Ray collapse to the ground, and she gasped as Don grabbed Emma by her shirt collar, his fist raised. Emma whimpered in his grip, squeezing her eyes tight.