Discussion

After his talk with Norman, Ray headed up to the place where he was meeting Isabella. She glanced up at him as he entered. "What took you so long?"

"Just talking to Norman." Ray responded, shutting the door behind him.

"About what?"

"Not much has changed. They're still training by playing tag. The problem, is Sister. She's on the move yet again. So be careful."

"Oh."

"It wasn't a smart move to summon her here. I mean, I know you only did it to term me, I've helped you for six years, and you still don't fully trust me. I might cry."

"It's merely a promotion." Isabella explained, her eyes never leaving Ray. "But I hope you're aware, that had you kept those three away from the gate, they wouldn't even be in this situation."

"I said sorry." Ray hummed, walking up to her.

"I never thought someone like you was capable of failing such a simple task. I wasn't really asking for much."

"I already made up for that by spying for you. I ratted on my friends, and I report every move Sister Krona makes, so you better give me my reward."

"Of course." Isabella smiled. "That is part of our deal."

Norman panted as he ran across the gate, followed closely by the rest of his siblings. He narrowed his eyes as he ran. "We're all going to escape this place together. That means Ray, too!"

The sounds behind him turned down, and he slowly turned around. His eyes widened at the sight in front of him.

All of his siblings. Dead. With the flowers that killed Connie stuck their hearts, their eyes wide and empty.

"See? This is why...I tried to tell you." The raspy voice of Ray caused Norman to turn around in horror. Something else caught his eye and he saw Emma on the ground. Penny was with her as well, shuddering as she held her sister's hand.

"Emma! Penny!" Norman yelled, running over to his siblings. Emma was already dead, and Penny was shaking, eyes cringing in pain. "N-Norman..."

"Penny..." Norman gasped, clutching his dying sister in his arms. "Just hang in there a little longer!"

"It hurts..." Penny whimpered, squeezing her eyes tight and clutching his arm.

"N-no..." Norman gasped, shuddering as her form went limp in his arms. "Penny! Emma!" He sobbed. "Everyone..."

Hearing something dripping, Norman turned around to see a demon. It opened its mouth and lunged at Norman, and the boy let out a terrified scream.

He was awoken by someone shaking his arm. "Time to get up, Norman!"

He glanced up shakily to see his younger siblings smiling at him. He sighed in relief in his head. They were alive. He opened his arms and smiled. "Good morning!"

When he finally got dressed, he headed downstairs to breakfast. Penny noticed and grinned happily, catching her older brother in a hug. "Norman, good morning!"

Norman smiled in relief at the sight of his younger sister, returning the hug. Penny stared at him in confusion, a little surprised on how tight he was hugging her. She was about to ask him about it when Emma's cheery voice interrupted them.

"Good morning, Norman!"

Norman glanced above Penny's head, smiling at Emma. "Morning!" He felt a hand on his shoulder and glanced around to see Ray passing him and Penny, muttering a good morning.