Meeting

That night, as much as Penny didn't want to, she, Norman, and Emma walked to Sister Krona's room to discuss about the secrets this place had. She stood close to Norman, clutching his hand. He glanced at her, noticing her anxious looks. "You know, you didn't have to join us tonight, you could've just stayed with Ray while we did this."

Penny shook her head. "No, I think I can handle the truth I'm about to hear,"

Emma glanced at Penny admirably. "Wow. Even in your anxious state right now, you sound braver than you intend to be."

Penny smiled at Emma. "Thanks, Emma. I'm trying."

They walked up the hall and up to Sister Krona's room and looked at each other with a nod. Norman raised his free hand and knocked. Sister Krona opened, looking scarier than ever. Penny immediately started wishing she was reading with Ray, but she already made her decision. There was no backing out now. She, Norman, and Emma glanced at each other, and nodded. They walked in, closing the door behind them.

Sister Krona stood in front of them, tenderly holding an old baby doll in her arms. After a moment, she glanced at the three kids and gave a friendly smile. "We're allies now, so ask me anything."

The seams on the baby doll's head snapped, and it rolled backwards in the kids direction. Penny's heart thumped rapidly inside her chest, clutching at Norman's arm, trying to ease her nerves at the sight of the baby doll. She hated it, it felt like it was staring right into her soul. She, Emma, and Norman quickly released their tense expressions and gave Sister Krona hard stares.

"We can ask whatever we want?" Norman began slowly.

Sister Krona tilted her head. "Yes. It can be about the farm, or even Headquarters."

Norman slightly turned his head towards the door and glanced back at Sister Krona, blue eyes narrowing in her direction. "Then..."

"Show it to us." Emma finished. She reached out her hand. "The thing that receives signal from our trackers."

Sister Krona looked taken back, but she smiled. "Oh. Of course." She dug into her pocket and pulled out a shiny watch-like object dangling from a gold chain in her hands. She walked up and handed it to Norman, who opened it up. Emma and Penny glanced at it curiously over his shoulders. Penny almost felt disappointed at the sight of it...there was only a map of the continent and a single star of where Penny guessed was the house.

"There's not much to it, is there?" Sister Krona said. "It shows the current location, but doesn't say who it is." She glanced at the three. "So. You knew that there were tracking devices."

"Yeah." Norman said, not looking from the device.

"We found out from Mom just a couple of days ago." Penny added, glancing up at the older woman.

"But we don't know where they are or how to break them." Norman finished, finally looking from the tracker. Emma glanced up at Sister Krona. "Do you know, Sister?"

"Yes." Sister Krona nodded. "They're found in your ear."

Norman, Penny, and Emma gasped slightly. They knew that was the answer but they were still surprised hearing that from her. Sister Krona pointed to the lobule part of the ear. "They're found here, on the left." She walked away from them. "I don't really know how to break them, but I do know if they're broken it notifies the tracking tool and HQ." She placed the baby doll on the pillow of her bed, and Penny shuddered. It STILL felt as though the baby doll was staring into her soul.

"You'd either have to take it out, or just cut that part off." Sister Krona grabbed her ear and made a snipping motion with her hands under the lobule of the ear.