Tayla Karter

This is during a scene from Stolen Chariot, Demigod Files. It's the point of view of a clear-sighted mortal.

PHILOSOPHICAL QUOTE

' Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.'

By Oscar Wilde.

Tayla's POV

My name is Tayla and I am one of Lord Kronos' servants. I'm mortal but a clear sighted. I was suppose to do an important job and that job is to spy the Child of Prophecy, Percy Jackson.

I was passing his school when I heard an odd noise, 'SCRAWK, SCREECH, HIYA!'

I stopped for a second and ran towards the corner, careful not to make a noise. It's quite easy because I'm small for my age which is 15 turning 16.

What I saw amazed and terrified me at the same time. A tall and muscular girl, no older than me, was hacking at a flock of black birds the size of a raven. I watched as she smack a bird with the flat of her sword.

She has brown stringy hair and brownish red eyes. Must be an Ares child. Yes, I know about Camp Half Blood. I've been informed by Ethan Nakamura, a son of Nemesis and my friend.

Just then, a 13-14 year old student barged into the scene holding a meter-long bronze sword that must have look like a shiny ruler to the normal mortals eyes.

He has black hair that covers half his eyes and sea green eyes that now looks dark green with tsunamis inside.

Percy Jackson, the one I'm assigned to spy.

They fought side to side, bleeding slightly with feather arrows firing every now and then. It seems that they're talking but I'm not really sure. Unfortunately, I don't have advanced senses like most demigods have.

They finished killing the arrow-firing birds and I watched as Percy took out what look like lemon squares, Ambrosia. Wicked! I always wanted to eat one but the other demigods won't let me for no reason. I questioned myself everyday as to why I joined the dark side. Why did I do it anyway?

I tiptoed closer for better hearing and stuck my ear out.

"_____need your help,"muttered Ares' child.

I've encountered a lot of traitor Ares kids but I've never heard one of them admit that they need help or show weakness. This must be big. My Lord will surely be happy with me.

They paused in comfortable silence, just eating ambrosia when War girl abruptly stood up, brushing dust off her denim jacket.

" Well...see you."

" Hold up," Percy shouted,"you can't just run off."

' Yes she can', I wanted to say.

"Sure I can."

"What's going in? Why are you doing away from camp? Why were those birds after you?" I wince and rub my throbbing head. So much questions in so little time.. I already hate the kid. Giving me headache like that.

The 'girl' pushed Percy aside, or tried to anyway but it seems that he was used to the pushing because he easily sidestepped, and the girl stumbled past him. Stupid boy.

" Come on, you just about got killed in my school. That makes it my business." tut tut, the kid should really learn all about the concept of 'minding your own business'. I thought the one destined to save the world is much better than this. I frowned, guess I overestimated him.

" It does not!"

" Let me help."

The girl breathed shakily and look like she wanted to beat the boy. Badly. Finally, she told him.