CHAPTER 14 - Knowing All The 'Monstrous' Dangers - part 2

Start from the beginning

The others blushed in embarrassment upon forgetting that and Bellamy internally cursed that he doubted his own friend when he was reminded about long ago that Nathan had quite the 'gut' feeling which he always trusted when both of them used to be in training together to become official guardsmen or something of the law enforcement like.

Nathan didn't mind that his friend Bellamy had doubted him for just a short moment at the time now, since he used to also doubt himself, thinking that his gut feelings might also be a fluke but so far, he never made a mistake since then upon having them nor is he going to get them right now. When Draco asked him about exactly where he started getting these suspicious feelings upon being watched and followed, Nathan leads the way to the right spot where he got them and they followed him until they reached that very place.

Once they get to the spot, it didn't take long for them to also have the same feelings as Nathan Miller, all of them tensing upon getting that scary feeling that they're all being observed from the shadows and every move they make, even with just a slight hand movement, it was followed too.

Draco gave a very discreet look secretly towards Bellamy that he'll be the one to sneakily go check who or whatever is watching and stalking them and then catch it by surprise before it does something worse behind their backs before they had the chance to react and fight back or something. Draco casually walked by and disappeared from going behind some trees and out of view from the watchers still staring at Bellamy and the lingering group of boys standing there. Then it didn't take long for Draco to jump at whatever that is watching or stalking them, magically stun it frozen, and then he called out for the others to come to see what he caught.

Draco chuckled as he showed the others the frozen figure of some kind of monster rodent-like mole that was poking its upper half body out from its hole or burrow. "This is our stalker, Mister Miller. It's a Mole Burrower."

"Uh...is it...?" Atom asked uncertainly, staring at the still frozen creature.

"It's really harmless and human-friendly. I think it got a little curious upon coming up to the surface and then spotting us humans walking by and around, and it's been following you around like it's making certain whether you are friendly or enemy," Draco explained. "It's rare for Mole Burrowers to come out and scurry around the surface. They're usually shy underground creatures, easily scared by any types of creatures and beings up here, even the prey kinds."

"Man...if the girls were here, especially Mel--they would freak and coo over this fuzzy thing like it's a stuffed toy," Sterling commented when he saw how the frozen cute monster looked almost the real stuffed animal as he said.

Draco realized what he had done and quickly removed the spell from the creature and the big monster mole shook itself off from its frozen state, glared cutely at Draco for freezing it like a statue at that, huffed, and then dug its paws into the ground furiously, making a slightly big hole as it went back into the underground. It even tried to kick dirty mud at Draco as punishment for what he did to it but the blond mage quickly dodged out of the way before it splattered onto his face.

Bellamy chuckled, making Draco turn his glare on him disapprovingly while the others tried to stifle their amusement. And before they thought they were going to relax since it turned out to be a harmless human-friendly monster, there was suddenly--

LOUD BELLOWING SOUND!

They tensed upon hearing it and when the bellowing, and then the groaning and moaning sounds continued, almost getting louder, Draco relaxed again upon recognizing them when he heard them clearly as they increase in volume.

"Relax, guys, it's another human-friendly monster kind. But it can be dangerous and aggressive if you try provoking it in a very bad way. Come on, let's take a look and I'll explain," Draco encouraged as he moved forward to get to the place where the sounds are coming from.