Preparing for a parade - Luz x reader

(Theres a bunch of different songs on the youtube vid btw not just one if u wanna pick)
----

For a bedroom that wasn't exactly what you'd call the tidiest, Luz Noceda prided herself on actually having a pretty clear floor.

True everywhere else you looked colourful chaos was present. A disorganized attitude was displayed in the wonky posters covering the walls, barely leaving room for her poor calendar that currently read the month of June. There was disarray weaved into the way her books were piled haphazardly on top of each other. A sort of danger with how they could collapse at any second, (though to her mother's relief they miraculously never seemed to). But her mess was one filled to the brim with charm.

Characters were scribbled all over her once clean, white desk. Just one look presented anyone with an assortment of mystical creations. A collection of the tall, ugly and whimsical all bursting from Luz's imagination. Ink slightly smudged where she had shifted a book or leaned an arm.

But today a set of face paint and an array of paintbrushes were strewn all over her carpet. An open bag of crisps, the food inside half-eaten leant against her bed, forgotten. Hidden, somewhere underneath the clutter, a phone was playing muffled music. Everything on her floor now created an unfamiliar mess. Not to mention the two people sat opposite each other who weren't helping the situation.

-----

"Luz, stop giggling."

She tried, honestly she did, but the feeling of paint on her face was cold. Plus, all the fine bristles of the paintbrush tickled her cheek. And anyway, she was happy right now. Why wouldn't she be with Y/N sat opposite her?

"I'm serious. If you don't stop moving, your flag won't be straight!"

Luz grinned mischievously, "like me!"

Y/n sighed at the adorable dork sat opposite them before rolling their eyes. However, there was no annoyance behind those actions, just a soft fondness at the person with them.

"Ugh, I can't stay mad at you."

Quickly they bent forward pressed their lips to Luz's.

Immediately Luz stopped moving and instead just sat, starry-eyed, a smile slowly creeping its way onto her face.

Just as quickly as they leaned towards Luz, Y/n went smugly back to painting on a now much more still canvas. With Luz now sitting calmly near them, it was much easier to finish the bi flag that stood boldly against Luz's tan skin.

"Done."

Luz snapped back to reality in time to see Y/n move away from where they had been leaning (very closely Luz had just so happened to notice) to paint the flag properly. As she returned to her senses, the feeling of indignancy at the leverage Y/n had on her began hatching an idea. An impulsive, harmless one. But a plan nonetheless.

"I'm gonna get you back for that!" Luz tackled Y/n, who began shrieking with laughter as the two fell, one backwards the other forwards. Now with the upper hand, Luz triumphantly pressed light kisses all over Y/n's face. Soon she joined in with the laughter and rolled over so the two lay next to each other, occasionally chuckling as the lively mood passed.

As a new, muffled song began. Luz soaked in the quiet happiness of this moment. She might as well have been floating on a magic cloud, like something out of a cartoon. To her, the bliss of this moment could only be seventh heaven. Yet Luz was grounded by the feel of the person lying next to her. Their laughter. The light that bounced off their eyes. That twinkled in the sunlight that bathed both of them in a warm golden glow. Y/n's warm too Luz subconsciously acknowledged as she turned just a little closer to her partner.

But as said earlier, Luz is a being of excitement. Chaos to the calm that Y/n brought. So the serenity didn't last for long.

"Okay, now I get to paint a flag on you!"

-----
A/N
I wanted to post something before s2 officially began so ofc I posted the evening before 😌 (but in some places, it's already the 12th rip)

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!! Just wanted to let you know that you're valid no matter who you love, what you identify as or whether your out or not too  :D