Chapter 20

Damian

I waited for Raven in the living room she finally came out from the hallway with Donna by her side. I knew there was some tension between them before I left but now they look like friends.

"Is Everyone ready?" Kori asks with Dick behind her. He's been acting strange towards me since I showed up to help them.

"You know what Damian and I will just portal there and get us a table." Raven spoke quickly like she was trying to avoid something.

She opened a portal and walked through turning waiting for me. I followed her, but I stopped her before she could walk away after closing the portal in the ally way.

"Raven what is going on?" I ask her.

"You and Dick need to have a conversation." She told me looking down at her shoes.

"Did something happen? My father?" She waved her hands quickly.

"No. No, no, I mean he hasn't been the same since you left." She seemed concerned. I gave her a look of question trying to get an answer from her. "He thinks you betrayed us, especially since you left without goodbyes." I nod my head at her. Of course he thinks that, he's Dick. He may be suspect of me but if I was committed to the league again I wouldn't have come back to help them.

"Okay fine I'll talk to him." I kiss her forehead and grab her hand as we head towards the pizza place the Titans always go to. We us and the team a table a few minutes before they had pulled up. They all walk up to the table and a place of their own. I sat at the head of the table with Raven at my left side, Donna one her left. Dick sat at the opposite end of the table as me so that were face to face. Kori on his right next to Donna and Garfield to his left with Jaime on his left side, closer to me.

We look at the menus but every now and then when I look up from my menu Dick is staring at me with a concentrated look in his eyes. Kori notices and she leans towards him and says something that him look away. I look over at Raven who noticed everything, she leaned towards me.

"I can sense his trying to figure you out right now." She whispered then moved back to her position. 

"Hey Jaime do you want to share a Hawaiian pizza?" I heard Donna ask Jaime.

"You read my mind." He responded to her almost excitedly. She gave him a sweet smile then put her menu down.

I look back at Raven trying to distract myself from Dick, but I just want to get this night over with. I look at him then very slightly nodded my head.

"I'll be right back I said to Raven." She nodded her head in response. I get up from the table and walk to a more secluded area and waited. Dick obviously got my message and was walking towards me.

"What is going on Dick you've been nothing but cold shoulder to me since I got back today?" I asked him.

"I don't trust you Damian." I rolled my eyes. "I mean why would you have gone back without telling anyone goodbye or mentioning to our faces that you were leaving."

"You missed me didn't you?" I joked with him to ease him up.

"No Damian because right now I don't know if you are foe or friend." He said.

"I left because I needed to protect the world. So no one could finish what my mother or my grandfather started. I left because I wanted to protect them." I pointed at my team. He turns around and sees what I see, our team happy and relaxed that we've just defeated our bad guy for the day but still knowing more are out there. I especially look at Raven who is laughing at one moment with Donna then gets annoyed when Garfield says something to her.

"I'm sorry." He says turning back around to face me.

"I'm sorry too. I should have said goodbye to everyone including you, now that I know you miss me." I teased him and he broke into a smile. "Listen I have to go back tonight though." He looks at me concerned.

"Why?" He asks. "Whatever it is let the team help. Let me help you." I shake my head.

"No it's something I have to do. Speaking of which, do you remember my cousin Mara al Ghul?" I ask him thinking back to the little note she sent me about two months ago.

"A little bit why?" He responds.

"She left me a note a couple months ago at the compound somehow." He looks at me confused knowing the same that I do which is that compound is heavily guarded. 

"What did her note say?"

"I will finish what grandfather couldn't." I told him. I knew what she meant by that, but I just don't understand why I have to deal with her crazy with everything else going on.