Chapter 16

Raven

"Stay for another day or two, we'll contact the Titans to check on them." Damian wanted me to stay? He knows I have to go back to help them if harvest is to come back.

"I don't know." I was so lost, I just don't understand why he would want me to stay. He pulls out his com for the Titans.

"Titans this is Robin come in." He says and I look at him worried that they won't answer cause they're in the middle of fighting Harvest.

"Damian, we have missed you so much." I hear Kori say.

"Damian how are you?" When I heard Donna I rolled my eyes. Even with Damian gone for months she's still managed to want to talk about him.

"I'm good you guys." He responded.

"Damian have you heard from Raven she left yesterday after fighting Harvest." Garfield asked. Damian looked over at me.

"Yes, I have her right here, she won't be back for another couple days." He told them. 

"Oh, okay. Well if you need either of you we will contact you." Kori said hanging up.

"See you'll be okay." Damian said to me. His hand reached up and met with my bruised cheek. It didn't hurt as much but it still looked bad. He glided his thumb over it gently caressing it. 

I grab his hand and pull it from my face. I wanted it to stay there but I didn't want to bring out my emotions. I knew loving him and even admitting that I loved and cared about him would bring out a lot of emotions. Who knows what would happen. But I could see in his eyes there was sadness from my actions, but he kept his face stern. Even if he did love me back what would that lead us to.

He walks back inside and I follow. The door suddenly opens as I'm on my way to the bedroom. It was a man who wore a uniform like the rest of the assassins.

"Sir here is Titus for you like you asked." Titus comes into the room casually. I look at Damian, his face had changed since that man opened his door but when he looks at me he gives me a smile.

"Titus," I called out to him. He got so excited from the sound of my voice he ran up to me and I got on my knees so he wouldn't jump. He wouldn't stop squirming he was so excited to see me.

"Thank you, that's it." I look over to see Damian was talking to the man who had then closed the door behind himself. Damian was coming towards us but kept going not even giving me a look. I stood and followed him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him quietly. Titus was following me like he used to.

"Out." Was all he said as he changed his clothes.

"Oh," I said looking down, Titus noticed my mood change. Soon I felt a hand on my cheek. I looked up at him then he leaned forward and placed a kiss on my forehead. He continued to walk out the bedroom and into the sitting area then out the door. I stayed in the bedroom and then sat down on the bed, Titus came up to me then placed his head in my lap. I stoked his head as I fight the urge to cry. 

I don't Damian has ever been so vague with me like that. Maybe he just needs some time to himself. Maybe he's mad that I took his hand away, I mean that has to mean that he feels something towards me.

I crawl further into the bed and lie down as Titus comes around and lays on the floor next to me like he used to back at the tower.