Chapter 12

We walked onto the skiff

We walked onto the skiff. Many people had joined us on the skiff, fjerdans, shu han, and even some kerch men. We also had the king's men on the skiff in their royal clothes.

Summoners had started to move the skiff with the wind. And we entered the dark dangerous shadow fold. Only, all of these people think we are here to destroy it. I had to find a way to stop him, but I didn't know if I could.

We traveled for quite some time in the darkness when the Darkling spoke loudly, "Burn." What? What does that mean?! But don't worry I found out a second later by the inferni who shot the fire out to the sides of the skiff.

The Darkling was leading the volcra towards us. Saints, what a psychopath. Roars began to draw closer and men were praying. That's when Alina had brought the light and they left. It wasn't really Alina it was the Darkling controlling her. Controlling one of the sweetest people.

The light had provided the skiff a path making the volcra vanish. The volcra shrieked in anger. There was an opening at the end of the path. Something bright and colorful... West Ravka. He had opened the fold.

Men and women were crowded on the drydocks watching. Thinking that the fold was going to be destroyed. I couldn't let him do it. There were children playing and families smiling. I felt horrible.

"They're your own people!" Alina screamed. He simply looked away from her clapped his hands together.

It's too late. I couldn't help. He was going to expand the fold and I wouldn't be able to stop it. The fold shook and with a loud noise, it raced forward.

Expanding.

The people in west Ravka screamed and cried running away from the darkness coming their way.

"Stop! Please!" I yelled but he didn't, "you're going to kill innocent children! Innocent people!" I plugged my ears with my hands and cried. No, no, no. He couldn't do this. He couldn't be this evil. How did I ever like someone who had no mercy to kill anyone? Child or elder. Innocent or guilty. It didn't matter to him. As long as he got what he wanted.

I watched children, men, and women get swallowed by the shadow fold.

"You're a monster!" I screamed only to get ignored again. He suddenly stopped moving the fold forward and smirked at the people.

I heard the screams and cries of the people lost in the fold. I began to cry. All those poor people left for dead. The Darkling rolled his eyes and walked around Alina.

"What have you done?" A man spoke.

"Do you want to see more?" The Darkling questioned.

"You were supposed to banish the fold! Not slaughter Ravkans! The King won't stand-"

"The King will do what I ask, and if he doesn't I'll expand the fold to Os Alta," he then sighed, "so you understand me now? No more fjerdans, Shu Han. Ravkans, or Kerch. Just people, and the land inside the fold. The land outside of the fold will have peace."

"No!" A fjerdan screamed.

"I will not stand for this!" A kerch man protested.

"You will understand or your amazing lands will cease to exist. Tell people what you saw here today. Tell them that the days of uncertainty and fear are over. All those long days of fighting, over. Tell them that you saw a new age begin."

Some soldiers cheered. Others muttered things to each other.

"Bring me the prisoner," the Darkling pointed to Ivan who was holding Mal, "we return to Ravka, but the traitor stays." That is when Ivan pushed Malyen Oretsev over the edge of the skiff. I shrieked and fell to my knees.

Oh, saints I'm such a weakling. I can't handle anything. Alina's doing better than I am. So I stand up and overcome my nerves and punch Ivan hard in the Jaw. He punches me back. When I fell Alina screamed for Mal and Alina also punched Ivan. Ivan grabbed Alina's wrist.

"Hold." Said the Darkling. Ivan didn't let go but didn't hurt her. The light in the shadow fold began to pull back. "No" Alina screamed.

I sighed and did the stupidest thing a person could've done.

I jumped off the skiff.

"Amelia!" the Darkling yelled.

I grabbed Mal, "Go! try to get on the stupid skiff! Please find a way!"

"What are you doing? Are you mental? Do you have a death wish?"

"No!! I just want to save you! Come on!" I push him towards the skiff finding wooden crevices in the skiff so he can climb.

"The only way is for you to climb on top of my shoulders tracker. Go!" he shook his head no. The light began to drift away from us.

"For saint's sake! All I wanted to do was help!" I shrieked as the volcra surrounded us outside of the light.

The darkness got me. Swallowed me whole. The volcra grabbed me and Mal. I felt the claws dig into my stomach and back. Blood spitting out of my mouth. It clawed at my face and I let out a sharp scream.

This is it I guess.

Then there was a bright light. The volcra flew away and it dropped me hard on the floor. I let out a loud grunt and passed out.

I woke up the sun shining brightly in my eyes.

"Oh good your up. Finally." A man said bluntly.

"Be nice she tried to save your life and nearly died!" A girl said I looked over to see Mal and Alina huddled to my side.

I bolted up, "W-what? What's going on! Genya? Where's Genya? Where are we?"

"Calm yourself Grisha, we're in hiding. We are somewhere south of Novosibirsk." Mal said, "you almost died we found this place to try to get you better before we started traveling."

"My sister..."

"Genya knew she's fine I promise. As long as she listens to him," Alina reassured.

"That's the thing what if she doesn't listen to him."

"She will. We have to go Amelia. Are you up for the adventure?"

"Yes."

This is where the adventure really begins. We travel on the sea and the slums of Os Kervo. The beginning of a life-changing story.

A/N: Hi! sorry if this chapter is too short and sorry for not updating. writer's block things :/ But get ready guys! on to siege and storm! love u all <3

Zoya or Inej?