Chapter 4

We had been riding in the Darkling's Coach on out way to Os Alta

We had been riding in the Darkling's Coach on out way to Os Alta. Fedyor and Ivan sitting across from me and Alina Starkov. We were all studying her, because I mean she could be the person that saves us. Saves us from that horrible shadow fold.

She clearly noticed the stares and scoffed, "I don't do tricks you know."

"That was a pretty good trick you did back there," Ivan had said.

"If I plan on doing anything exciting, I promise to give fair warning, so go to sleep or something." She glared at Ivan.

"I am Fedyor and that is Ivan," Fedyor introduced them.

"And I am Amelia, pleasure to meet you Ms. Starkov," I greet happily.

"I know," she said nastily and realizing she should be nicer, "Very pleased to meet you all."

We were traveling at night which isn't very safe but we had to get to the little palace as fast as we could before anyone found out we had an actual Sun Summoner.

We had told her that her powers got stronger because of The Darkling. We had to explain to the poor girl that he was a living amplifier and then had to explain to her what the heck an amplifier was.

This girl really was clueless.

My amplifier wasn't anything great. My amplifier was feathers from a black and white hawk-eagle. Yeah, I know a long name. All of the Darkling's favorite Grisha have an amplifier.

The days passed as we traveled to the little palace. Alina was still snuggled up wearing a red kefta that was taken from another Grisha.

Ivan had fallen asleep and so had Alina. So it was just me and Fedyor chilling in the coach.

"You know Ivan is one moody Grisha, don't you think Amelia?" Fedyor whispered trying not to wake them up.

"You can say that again," I agreed.

"Ok. Ivan is one moody Grisha, don't you think?" he said sarcastically.

"You are so annoying!" I laughed and shook my head.

"Oh yeah? Then why are you laughing?"

I didn't answer and looked out the window not making eye contact with him.

"Mhm. That's what I thought," Fedyor chuckled.

I glare at him, "whatever."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," I smiled nervously at Fedyor.

"Well, You're really close to the Darkling I was wondering if you guys had something else going on..." He said awkwardly, "I kind of saw you exit the war room after him you looked flushed."

"Fedyor!"

"Shhhh!"

"Not that it's any of your business but maybe... But it's not anything serious..." I tell him giving up on hiding it. He already saw that and I needed to tell someone so why not Fedyor? He was the most trustworthy out of the Grisha.