Chapter 7

It was the day of the winter fete when Alina would prove to many that she was the Sun Summoner.

The Darkling had called me to the war room. I stand in front of the open door and he was staring intently at a map. He didn't notice I was standing there. So I awkwardly cough to let him know I'm here. He looked up, "oh Amelia, please come in."

"You wanted me uh- sir?"

"Yes. I need you to do me favor," he covered the map on the table, "I need you to stay with Alina until the winter fete begins."

"Will do," I smile.

"That's all I need, you may leave," he waved me off.

I nod and leave the room finding my way to Alina's bedroom. Once I get there Genya opened the door, "Amelia?"

"Hi, the Darkling told me to stay with Alina until the winter fete starts."

"Oh, well, come in I'm just getting her ready," Genya let me in the room.

I see Alina sitting by her dresser and I scan the room. I see a black kefta laying on her bed, and anger floods through me. How has she even earned that yet? I was beyond envious of her. She got everything, A black kefta, and the Darkling's attention. She got everything she wanted.

I shove all my thoughts in the back of my head making eye contact with Alina.

Alina greets me with a warm smile, "I envy you guys with your beauty." Wasn't I just saying I envied her? wow.

"Alina, stop your way more beautiful than me," I told her.

"Please, have you see yourself? You're gorgeous! So many people here want you."

I laugh and my sister interrupted, "as cute as this little compliment thing is, I would like it to stop."

"Has the Darkling arrived?" Alina asked.

"Yeah. He was here yesterday," I answer.

"I imagine he's very busy," Genya said, "We all feel it you know." What was she going on about?

"Feel what?" Alina asked.

"The pull towards him. He's not like us, Alina."

"What do you mean?" Alina asked curiously.

"His power, his looks. You'd have to mad or blind not to notice it."

Alina shifted uncomfortably then asked Genya and me a weird question, "Has he ever? I mean have you ever and he ever?"

"No never!" Genya denies, "but I would." And I shuffle my feet trying not to look suspicious. We never... did it. But I can't deny we kissed.

"Really?"

"Who wouldn't? but I would never get my heart involved." Way to call me out.

"and you Amelia, I mean you are his right hand and you're so beautiful. I wouldn't be surprised if y-you have." Alina turned to me.

I looked at Genya for help. Genya understood my look, "Of course she hasn't!" I sigh in relief so thankful for my twin.

"Will David be there tonight?" Alina had asked Genya. David was a fabrikator who liked Genya and Genya liked him. They were like the cutest things in the world and so awkward around each other it's adorable.