Chapter 6

Next Morning

Location: Anika's Apartment

Anika entered Kavya's room expecting to see her daughter sprawled across the bed like she usually is in the mornings, instead she saw the bed was empty and neatly made.

"Wha....Kavu?" 

"Goodmorning Ma." Hearing Anika's voice, Piya came out of the washroom and hugged Anika with a big smile.

"Looks like its a very good morning....how did my kumbhkaran wake up this early today?" Anika asked.

"But I always wake up this-" Piya quickly bit her tongue realising what she said.

"You always wake up early? When, in your dreams?" Anika laughed it off. Piya just chuckled too, trying to cover up.

"I mean, I always PLAN on waking up but I never can, so today I promised myself Ill wake up early no matter what."

"Hmm....excited about joining the office?" 

"Office?" Piya looked confused.

"Haan, you will be joining the office with me today remember? We planned this before your trip."

"Arre...Haan! Yeah I remember." Piya lied.

"Toh get ready, we will leave after breakfast." 

"Haan Ma, Ill just come in a minute." After Anika left the room, Piya stood there nervously, "Office? Kavya never said anything about going to office...what will I do there? What if I get caught...what do I do? I should ask Gia...haan."

Piya took her phone out and messeged Gia. "Meet me in the balcony."

A second later, Gia came out. "Whats up? Any problem?"

"Ma wants me to go to office with her. I am just a art student and I never really planned on working after college....what do I do?"

"Go to office na, dont worry it will be fine. Anika aunty is there and I think this is a good thing. You'll be independant." Gia said.

"Are you sure? What if I make a mistake? Ma will be mad na? And then Ill get caught."

"Piya...she is your Mom. Why would she be angry if you make an honest mistake? People make mistakes its fine, thats how you learn. And anyways, Anika aunty is the sweetest, I dont think I ever saw her get too mad."

"Okay.." Piya agreed with a smile. 

"Acha listen, in the office everyone else is fine because they are new for Kavya too but there are two people who Kavya knows since she was a baby. Ananya Aunty, who is Anika aunty's friend and co-owner of Swagat and her son, Viraj. Viraj, Kavya & Me were friends for years and we even went to the same school. He is 2 years older but literally can be so immature sometimes."

"How...will I recognize them?"

"Trust me, it wont be hard. Ananya aunty is gorgeous and always wears expensive western dresses, while Viraj will be the one wearing non formal clothing and playing video games."

"Video games? In office?" Piya asked.

"Thats just how he is, his mom has to force him to go to office daily....like I said, he is really immature. Remember, call him things like idiot & gadha...Kavya never called him by his name."

"Ok." 

"Good luck!" Gia hugged Piya over the railings of the balcony.

After Piya had breakfast with her family she left with Anika for Swagat.