Chapter 1

22 Years Later...

Location: Oberoi Mansion

A woman walks into a luxurious bedroom with an aarti thaali and sees that the bed is made.

"Piya?" The woman calls out, looking around the room, "Are you in the wahsroom?"

"Yes Maasi!" A voice answered from the closed washroom doors. The woman smiled  as the doors opened a young girl came out wearing a salwar suit, her curly hair wet. "Im ready."

"Come...Ill dry your hair for you." The woman who was none other than Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi said. She placed the aarti thaali down on the side table and plugged the hair dryer into the outlet.

"Arre Maasi...dont use Radha, she isnt working." Piya took the hair dryer from Gauri and took another hair dryer out from her dresser, "Here...Laila works way better and my hair dries in a few  minutes."

Gauri looked at her grown niece emotionally, it felt like only yesterday when she took the 5 day old Piya in her arms and promised herself that she would raise her like her own child. After all, she is Anika's daughter, her Di's daughter....its the least she can do for her Di.

"Maasi...Im very nervous." Piya mumbled as Gauri was blowdrying her hair.

"And why is my gudiya nervous?" Gauri asked.

"You know na...I have to give a speech infront of everyone at the graduation ceremony. How will I?" 

Gauri walked to Piya's side table and took a photo frame, holding it infront of of her. "Whenever you are scared....always remember who your parents are....Shivaay & Anika Singh Oberoi. Both, very brave and courageous people so as their daughter, you shouldnt be scared of a little audience. You are the college topper, that why you were asked to give this speech, just go up and be your self, Im confident that it will be amazing."

"I really wish Mumma were still alive." Piya said as she looked at the picture of Shivaay hugging Anika. Gauri looked away, knowing that Piya..just like the other kids of the house was told a lie. A lie that Anika was no longer alive. Its was Nidhi's doing...her way of making sure Piya would never look for Anika. So many years have gone by and even Gauri didnt know where her Di & Sahil are. "Its such a special day for me...Im graduating but Papa is too busy at work to attend and Mumma is- Im all alone."

"Arre Mera bacha....come here." Gauri hugged Piya and kissed the top of her head. "You are never alone okay? I know your Papa is busy but when you graduate you will see your Maasi, Om Chachu, Rudy Chachu & Bhavya Chachi in the front row...even all your brothers will be there. I told Yug & Sonia to come early from work."

"Piya Di!" Two younger guys came running in, pushing eachother out of the way.. "Wait im gonna show her first!"

"No..Im older, Ill show her first."

"Manav...Shaurya, whats going on? What will you two show me?" Piya asked. In front of her stood Manav & Shaurya Singh Oberoi, sons of Rudra & Bhavya.

 In front of her stood Manav & Shaurya Singh Oberoi, sons of Rudra & Bhavya