43 - The Show Must Go On

Being family is determined more by behaviour than blood
Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family 

"Chase!" I scream, dropping to my knees. I shove Sanders' defunct body off him as I run my hands over his face trying to get the blood off. Chase chuckles and aghast replaces my concerned emotion.

"It's not my blood," he sits up wiping off his face. "See," he wipes the blood off with the bottom of his shirt. I observe no cuts and lightly slap his shoulder for scaring me.

"It's never your blood is it," I laugh recalling the first time he said that. On my second day of camp when he got into a fight. I stare at my fiancé, the love of my life, Chase Face, in admiration. The man who wears the smell of blood and death like his favourite cologne.

"Behind you," he whispers. I whip around seeing Carmen. Oh I can't wait to get my hands on her.

"Guns down!" I demand as Walker, Dylan, Tristan, Zach, Shawn, AJ, Hendrix, Alex and Logan all point their guns at Carmen. "Guns down!" I repeat and this time they follow. I press a kiss to Chase's lips before standing up. "This one is mine," I smirk, tossing my gun on the ground and pulling out my favourite red pocket knife. I hold it up watching the blade flick up.

"She has a gun Charm. Don't be stupid," Walker reminds.

"Eh. A little heart to heart ass beating wouldn't hurt," I jest, walking forward to Carmen. As much as she betrayed me. She doesn't have the guts to kill her own sister, her own twin.

But I do.

"Look Charm. I'm doing this for us. If yo-"

"Shut the fuck uppp," I groan loudly. I don't want to hear her bullshit excuses. Before I have the chance to speak again I'm tackled. I can already tell Carmen's been training by her moves. But one thing she forgot. I will always be stronger than her. Physically, mentally and emotionally.

I roll us over pinning her down. Her legs trapped by mine and her arms pinned by mine. I take out my pocket knife and press it to her neck. A cool tear runs down my cheek at what I'm about to do.

"You don't have the guts," Carmen whispers. Little does she know. She's wrong.

"CHARMAINLEY!" I hear my father's voice. I look up seeing the audience of my father, friends and fiancé.

"I'm doing it!" I scream out. I try to block out the voices in my head telling me not to. Telling me how she's my sister. Mafia over family but blood over everything. All the denial, I block it out.

"Put the knife down!" Father shouts. He stands where he is careful not to come closer. I press the blade harder as Carmen's body aches in pain moving slightly underneath me.

"You aren't gonna do it. Especially not in front of dad," Carmen whispers. I look to Chase for an answer. But his face shows no emotion. He's confused, lost. Unknowing if I'd actually do it.

"I wish I never saved you," I whisper before gliding the knife across her throat. The blade cuts her skin inch by inch. Blood running down my knife leaking onto my hand.

Caught red handed myself. Guilty as charged. Of killing my sister. Red handed in my sister's own blood. My family's own blood.

My father lets out a blood cry as he drops to his knees. Already lost the two most important people to him. A wife and now a daughter. I get off Carmen leaving her to bleed out on the floor. Tears slip from my eyes.

What did I just do?

I walk away from her lifeless body as my dad slowly crawls to her cradling her in his arms. "She was no good," I try to tell him, my voice coming out barely audible.