Hotland and Dr. W.D. Ghaster

Frisk POV

I did end up hanging out with Undyne. She told me more about Asgore and that he was the best person to ask. But after that I went to hotland. I stayed in the long sleeve shirt. "It's really really hot here" Chara said she couldn't tell. But before I saw a save point I encountered this big gate.

"This wasn't here before" I have gotten to know Chara a lot better. I know she was the first human to show up in the underground. Along with her favorite everything. She also told me everything about when she was in the underground. She also told me about everything that has changed.

But I examined the gate and noticed there was no door. "We could attempt to climb but we don't know if it could shock us or do any damage. So I think we need another plan" I was thinking.

"What about that?" I looked to see a target at the very top. It looked more like a button, "maybe it will open the gate" I looked around. To the point, "look out" I stopped and noticed I walked back over to the sentry station. But what the look out was for was I almost stepped in a bear trap again.

I stood looking at it and thought of something. I leaned into the station and noticed a couple empty bottles of either alcohol or ketchup. So I grabbed one and triggered the trap breaking the bottle. "Why throw the trap? Why not the bottle" I said a hunch. "Oh I get it" I stood square to it and chucked it smacking the target. But it didn't fall or open. Instead an alarm sounded which made me cover my ears. It hurt to the point I fainted.

But when I woke up I was in a bed. I looked around and it was nothing but darkness. But then the lights turned on, "terribly sorry for the sound" he was tall and had pinpricks like sans only they weren't broken. "So you're the human I heard so much about" I could tell by the air around him that he was strong and bad news.

"Dr. Gaster" the voice sounded soft. The man turned, "he's here" I saw the man's face change to serious very quickly.

"Thank you doctor Alphys. I'll be right back. Can you please keep an eye on them" the lady said yes. He then stepped out and the lady came in.

"Sorry about him. He comes off scary but he is actually a kind man. Even if he is a mad scientist" I was a little worried. "But it's more like when it comes to certain people or.......others" I was confused about the others part. "O-oh I'm Doctor Alphys assistant to Dr. Gaster, the greatest mind in the underground. He's the Royal Scientist" I asked if I could look around. "W-well I was just told to watch you. Just don't break anything" I said I wouldn't as I walked out the door.

I walked around the area and I noticed a moving platform. I stepped on it and it brought me to another floor. It was a bigger area. I walked over and noticed a camera monitor and it showed me. "They were watching us the entire time" I nodded and kept looking around and looked at the big bag of dog food. "Oh crap" I noticed the guy walk out of the I guess restroom.

"Snooping is quite rude. But it doesn't cause any harm. We have watched you travel through the underground. You have quite the stamina" I gripped my bag. "I'm no man without manners. "Hello child my name is Doctor W.D. Gaster. It is a pleasure to see a human after all these years. But I guess you are looking for answers from what my son tells me. Well one of them anyway" I carefully walked over to him.

I reached into my bag and grabbed the book again and gave it to him. "A children's story book" I said it wasn't much of a story. He opened it, "I fell down because I want answers to way too many questions. One is what started the war" he stared at me after flipping through the book. "Fear" is all he said. "But you seem so nice" I glanced at Chara and noticed she clenched her fist but I thought I shouldn't pry. "So does everyone else in the underground" he handed me the book. "Please answer at least some of my questions" he said he would try.

"I guess you could say that us monsters don't have much of a physical form. We are beings made of magic. But we are only so powerful. But there are monsters like myself, the king, and the queen that are stronger. You see, our souls are strong enough to persist after death. But so are human souls. You see, a monster can absorb human souls and become ten times stronger or even a hundred times. So out of fear for this the humans declared war and trapped us here" I thought about it. "But it just doesn't fit" he tilted his head. "Ummm Mr. Gaster, a classmate of mine asked how many lives were taken. All my teacher answered was a lot" it seemed like this question hurt him a little. "Sorry if you don't want to answer it" he said thank you for respecting privacy. "But may I ask? I know it's not right to talk about others behind their backs but I was wondering" they were both curious but were shocked. "I was wondering if you could tell me more about fights specifically about attacks" he said ok as the area turned black and white and the effect Sans did before wasn't happening.

My soul appeared. "Now I'm sure by now you know about blue attacks. You should not move while they come at you. But there is something else as well" I noticed two orbs, one green and one orange. "Now the green attacks heal you. The vegetodes and woshuas are more commonly placed for this but I make certain items with this magic. But with orange it's the exact opposite of blue. Think of a green light but think of it changing to orange instead" so when he shot the orange beam I moved and kept moving and I noticed if I stopped in the slightest I got hurt. But all the same when it was my turn I was going to spare him but I went to act and talked about how Sans had this some sort of effect. "It's something that is classified" that made me serious but my next turn I spared him and he spared me ending the fight.

"Thank you for answering some of my questions" I smiled and he noticed the wrapping on my arms. "Oh what Sans gave it to me" he said all the injuries on my arms should be healed. I was amazed and to see this I unwrapped my arms and was amazed that even the scars were gone. "Amazing" he smiled and accepted the praise but went into thought then his eyes widened.

"Well I think that actually you should be on your way since I'm sure you want to find answers" I nodded and left.

Sans POV

I was standing on top of the laboratory and watched the kid walk out. "Well done so far" you see I'm also quite sick. I know an immortal being sick. "Not bad for a walking LV bomb" the flower said and I didn't feel in the mood to blast him. "So you ever going to tell anyone that you don't have to use magic" I teleported away from the flower and trailed far behind the kid. But I noticed when they saved they turned around and I hopped off the ledge and stuck a sword in the ground stopping me from falling into the lava. They ran through the lab again and I followed them to waterfall.

"Sans you should be dead" a voice in my head said. You see, being the second in command of the royal guard is tough. A lot of grief is on my shoulders. A lot of deaths. I mean I fought in the war a while back. I'm haunted by ghosts. The green gauze I gave to the kid sure can heal injuries but it has a certain medication that blocks out the voices in my head. But I followed nonetheless. The kid met up with Papy at Undynes house. I hid by a corner and when they entered Papy jumped out a window and I teleported into the air high and stayed on the wall to avoid suspicion. I then when he was gone went to listen behind the door.

They were talking about the King and stuff. But then I heard a fire start and I teleported back to the sentry station and grabbed my spear and went back and threw it on the wall and teleported and stood on the spear with ease. I then heard that Undyne was heading to our house and the human said alright and Undyne left but they walked around for a while before for some reason going to snowdin to our house.

When they got there Undyne told the human to deliver the letter to Alphys. 'Chicken fish' I thought as I followed them. When they got Alphys to actually go to the place Undyne was waiting they were happy. But after of course they went back on their way. But when we passed through the lab again the door to the true lab was unlocked. It also appeared Gaster wasn't present this time. 'Crap' I continued to follow them and they encountered the Amalgamates. I was shocked that they were able to befriend them. When they went into a room I went into thought. "How are they doing this?" I said to no one. I stayed in the shadows and I slowly started to see them as an equal. Even though they weren't.

It made me smile for real. But I followed them on their entire adventure but at the same time I subconsciously went against my job and started routing for them.

But little did I know eventually they would be my enemy.