Chapter 24: The Meet

Andrew Beckett woke up in a hospital. He doesn't know how he got here and who bought him here. He groaned and touched his forehead. The pain was excruciating. He sat up on the hospital bed and looked around. He was surrounded by hospital beds and patients in white gowns.

He closed his eyes and tried to process all that had happened. He tried to remember what had happened yesterday. Memories began to flood his mind. The three people. Two of them dying. The rooftop. Him getting knocked out.

Shit!

Andrew opened his eyes as he heard a clank of metal near him. It was a nurse. She had placed a meal tray on the table near his bed. Her eyes went wide as she that he was awake. Seeing her reaction, Andrew wanted to know this. How many days was he unconscious?

The nurse quickly walked away and Andrew saw her talking to a middle-aged woman, who then looked his way. The nurse along with the doctor came near him.

"I see you've woken up." The doctor said, smiling.

"How long was I asleep for?" Andrew asked, getting to the point quickly.

"Almost 2 days now." The doctor answered.

"What happened?" Andrew knew what happened, but he wanted to know how he had gotten here.

"It seems that someone hit you on the head with something hard, because the gash we had to stich was very ugly." Andrew touched his forehead as she said this, searching for the stitches.

"How did I get here?" He says it like if he was talking to himself.

"Well, there was a 911 call from someone and they had said that there was a person unconscious on a rooftop and you were bought here."

He didn't believe the person who had hit him with the baseball bat would call 911. It had to be someone else.

"Did you see the person?"

"The one who made the call? No."

He nodded and asked them when he would be released and the doctor said that he would be released pretty soon after they do some tests. As the doctor left, Andrew patted himself down. That's when he realized he didn't have his weapons. He kept the composure and felt himself up again, checking every last corner.

"Your belongings are under your bed. There wasn't much though." Andrew heard a voice from his side. It was the nurse. He realized that she hadn't left. He forgot she was even here in the first place.

Andrew Beckett bent down and reached under his bed. He pulled a tray out and lifted on to his lap. A frown etched on his face. It was only his agency phone and his I.D card for Kierston Industries.

"Are these the only things you found on me?" Andrew asked looking at her.

"Yes," she furrowed her eyebrows and continued, "Is something missing?"

Andrew faked a smile and replied, "No, just asking."

Andrew had been stripped off his weapons before the ambulance had come for him. He needed to know who it was and why that person was there in the first place.

The nurse turned to leave, but suddenly turned around and put together her words.

"Someone wanted to see you, he visited yesterday, and he actually just left now."

"How did the man look like?" Andrew asked a bit too quickly judging from her reaction.

"He was tall, very lean and strong. I thought he was professional fighter." She answered.