Chapter 14: The Beginning

Rick had explained everything to Kiera. She was like the young girl who got her first date to the school prom. Happy. Nervous. She had to start this day itself. She was smarter than most and passed the FBI academy with flying colors. She was physically tough and mentally tougher.

She walked out of the building and got in her car and started the car. she needed a change of attire. She was driving to her place which was not far from where she works.

She was now wearing a tight blue jean and a white t-shirt with a black motorcycle jacket. She doesn't even own a motorcycle. She got in her car and drove to the address which was given by Alaric. The address leads to a place in Baldwin park. That was where Atticus Berk was last seen.

She got out of the car and looked around. The place was pretty quiet, other than the two cars that went past her just now. She then saw a place near her. A fast-food restaurant. A subway. She then got back in her car and drove to the restaurant, hoping she might get off to a get a good start.

As she parked her car, she noticed an area slightly covered with dry blood on the road. She got out and bent down to see it up close. She then got up and entered the restaurant. There were two people inside, other than that, it was completely empty. She went up to the counter and knocked on the top of it for someone to come to her. A man came up and looked at her.

"What would you like to eat mam?" The guy asked.

"Just water." She answered.

The guy brought her water and she took it.

"Will that be all?" The guy asked.

"No," she said. "Have you seen this guy." She held up a picture. It was an old picture of Atticus Berk. She couldn't get hold of how he looked now, because the cameras don't pick up an exact face.

The guy looked at it for some time and said, "I don't know, maybe I have."

She nodded, "What's with the blood outside, on the road?"

"Last night, a couple of kids picked a fight with a bigger man." The man replied. "He beat them to shit and just walked in like nothing happened."

"You know, where I can find these kids." Kiera asked.

"I don't know about their whereabouts, but the guy sitting over there," He pointed his finger at a man with a bald head sitting and taking a sip from his cup. "One of the kids is his' own."

"Alright, thank you," Kiera began to walk to the guy sitting there.

As she was walking thoughts began to flow through her head, Maybe, it was the guy she had been appointed to bring in? Maybe not? It was worth a try?

"May I?" She asked after she reached the table where the man at the counter had pointed to."

His glasses were on the edge of his nose when he looked up at her and smiled.

"Yeah sure." He spoke.

She felt that he knew nothing about what his sons do, he was just an innocent parent paying tuition for his children, praying that they become successful in the upcoming future.

Kiera sat down and looked up at his face and opened her mouth to say something, but she was interrupted by the waiter who brought a sandwich at the table for the man. The waiter left them alone after she was done.

"Mr....?" Kiera asked.

"Baggington." The man answered with a smile.

She smiled back, "Do you have a son, Mr. Baggington?"