Chapter 6: Dead

The night was short. Christopher Martin had a guest staying at his house. His best friend. Ava Conelly. Kit spent most of the time other than his working hours with her. She would be there when he writes stories and scripts. She was the first person whom Kit shows his finished work. There were no secrets among them. There was a special kind of trust bond between them. They knew this. So did everyone around them. Kit woke up from the sofa he was sleeping on. He sat on the sofa for sometime in silence. Ava was still there. She didn't leave in the midde of the night, he knew this because she wasn't the type to. Also, he could hear her breathe as the house was completely silent. He was still sitting there, in the exact same spot. Nothing was going through his mind. He stared straight at the television screen in front of him. The screen was off. Which was usual. He wasn't a guy that watched television for a long time. Other than watching netflix for a few hours he rarely turns it on. The curtains were closed. Thus, it was dark inside. He understood the sun just rose by the orange of the color of the sunrays through the white curtains. He got up and stretched his hands and did a bicep stretch, then did a tricep stretch on both hands.

He rubbed his eyes and yawned. He walked to his bedroom. That's where Ava was sleeping. The door wasn't completely closed. There was a tiny gap in which a person could see with one eye, preferably the left one. He just took a quick glance inside, just to see if she was awake. The chances were incredibly low of her being awake. She was a deep sleeper. She could sleep through almost everything. But she would wake up in time. She was similar in many ways to Kit. He just took a glance because he didn't want to exploit her privacy. Yet, they both knew each others phone passwords. They knew each others parents names and everything else. In short, she knew him. He knew her. Very well in fact.

He had his tank tops and shorts lying on the Dining Table. It was a good time to go running. He again checked if Ava was awake, so she wouldn't walk in on him changing. He went over to the dining table and a picked up his clothes. He put them down on the sofa which had a pillow which showed the part where he kept his head. The blanket was on the ground. It had fallen after he got up from the sofa. He started undressing. First he removed his light cotton pants and started wearing the shorts. After he was done with that, he removed his t-shirt and wore the tank top.

Kit went towards the sofa. He bent down and picked up the blanket on the ground. He folded it and kept it on th sofa in a neat and clean manner. He then fluffied up his pillow. He started walking to the kitchen and opened the kitchen door. He turned on the light and opened the fridge. He searched for a water bottle. Soon, he picked up the water bottle from the fridge and drank a bit from it. He flinched his eyes as the water was extremely cold. He closed the fridge and went near the sink. He turned the tap to the right. The water started pouring out and made a noise from the impact from the force of the water and the metal sink. It would be hugely irritating for some people. That sound was a huge enemy for young kids. Kids would go to the kitchen queitly, take a spoon, open the fridge, take the ice cream out and eat it without your parents knowing. Then you would want to wash the spoon to leave no evidence. That's when the problem comes in. One mistake, and you are a goner. He quickly put the water bottle under the water. Some water got on his hand. He filled it up untill the rim, closed the tap with his left hand and closed the bottle off with its lid.

He went out of the kitchen and started walking to the door. Before that he grabbed his phone and Wireless earbuds. He opened the door and went out. He had the keys with him. So he locked it and left knowing that he will return before Ava wakes up.

Kit started walking away from his place. He left the parking lot and left for the beach. He sometimes goes to the beachwalk. Other times he heads for the gym. The beachwalk would be half empty as the sun has just risen. Evening would be the most crowded time. Between four and six.