Chapter 10- Helped by troublemakers

Start from the beginning

There were calculating stares coming from our side as the Sun prince made his way. He again, like once before, made sure to put himself between me and Cedric and the offended party.

"Calm down sir, or you will reflect badly on your lord." Reasoned Francis in a collected manner which still came off as dominating in his stance.

With his back on us, it was hard to understand his humor, but I was sure he was not yet on the dangerous line, like last time.

"But she has bitten me!" Cried the man showing his marked skin. Prince Francis glanced back at me with a questioned look, and seeing my eyes turn away from his glance, he let out a ghost of a smile.

Cedric was less subtle over his satisfaction, grinning freely to me. While Wolff showed his canines in proud acknowledgment with an added mischievous wink to the boost.

"Sir, be aware of who you are accusing and who you are bringing into conflict!" Warned Francis with a stern voice and walking closer to the insipid aide, who by now started to understand the gravity of his actions and grew paler.

Then, what of nowhere, like usually (writer this time I thank you thee), two royal guards came. They heard the commotion and were concerned that their assistance was needed.

They tried to act nonchalantly, but they were looking at me intently. Francis covered their view and ordered them to take the aide to Odette's palace. He made sure to relay that nothing had happened, just that lady Lucreatia, in this case, me, was feeling lightheaded. 

When they left with a shaken aide, Prince Francis turned to us, his eyes conveying a twinkle of foxy interest.

"Seriously Lady Lulu. To think that whenever you go you bring chaos... Are you sure you are a Sun Empire citizen?" He asked jokingly, giving a smile to Cedric, who reciprocated with a shiny grin.

"Francis that is a highly discussed topic between me and Wolff." Said Cedric laughing aloud with the others.

You, little troublemakers, are now making fun of me?! Who caused most of this chaos? Not me for sure!!!

"Please Miss Lulu do not take it the wrong way. I find it actually to be a gift, an entertaining one to say the least." Continued Francis.

Oh, I got it perfectly, prick!

I crossed my arms and turned away from this blatant attack on my person. But as I did this simple gesture I winced in pain, my bruised wrist suffering. All three noticed it and while Cedric and Wolff's worried faces filled me with questions, it was the decisive intervention of Francis that struck me most.

"Allow me." He pushed both the Moon boys away as he took my hand with gentle care. While he examined by blackening bruised wrist, his forehead wrinkled. "Indeed a worrisome problem... I will cure you, but promise me you will keep all of this a secret from the Great Duke." He said looking at my eyes, serious but not angry.

"Why should she Francis? He needs to be punished." Retorted Cedric angry at those words, which made his eyes flicker at his friend. Not even Wolff's warning deterred the Moon Prince from showing his feelings.

The sun prince, however, seemed less worried about his friend's mood, answering in his matter-fact tone.

"And he will. I will see to it, but involving the Great Duke would sour the relationship of the biggest families and I would like to avoid it, if possible." He said, glancing at Cedric determined. When he sensed that everyone had agreed to his proposal, though some begrudgingly, he took a small flask made of beautiful intricate glass.

He poured a silver and viscous liquid on my wrist and I felt a warm sensation on it. Soon the blackness that inflicted my wrist started to disappear.

"What is it, your highness?" Asked Wolff curious and with his fluffy years twitching fast.

"Holy water. Very powerful and very rare. And only produced by the High Priestess for the royal family." Francis responded absent-mindedly as he checked thoroughly my wrist. When he was finally satisfied with the result he let it go. "It should be enough to conceal it, nevertheless I would suggest you pass a cream on it to ease the pain. Be careful, however, as the Great duke has ears and eyes everywhere, and those guards were here to check on you."

He gave me a sly smile before turning away.

"I shall go to avoid the aide from blabbing too much to the guards. Also, I will seek to have a conversation with Lord Joshua, it seems he needs some coaching in regards to aides' behaviors." And then, just like that, he left at an accelerated pace without any more words.

Good luck with that fool! Though with that fox I was not sure if the fool wouldn't be eaten instead. Well, this time I was team, Francis! Go, your royal highness! Focus and you can defeat the fool! Yay yay yaya!!

At last, my plan had worked! Even if with some minor adjustments.

Now I was alone with Cedric and Wolff.

So, let the alchemy teaching begin!!

They have arrived!!! Sorry for the long wait! I hope you liked how Cedric and Wolff came to the scene!

So what did you think of the chapter?? And the bite?? XD

Sorry for the delay in the chapter, but I decided to change the upload to a Friday instead of Thursdays due to my workload. I hope is not a problem!

-----//-------

Some suggestions while you wait for the next chapter:

My blog: http://andreasousa.com

My podcast (has the blog chapters): A writer's journey (on Spotify)

Do you like that I give suggestions? I always feel this space is to connect with my readers and let them know about other things that they may enjoy... I hope is not too much XD

---//----------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!