Three: It's all my fault

Start from the beginning

"T-thanks," Marinette said and opened her sketchbook back up and continued to draw, her tongue sticking out at the side in concentration.

Adrien couldn't help but find it adorable, the way she was just so concentrated with her tongue sticking out. Shaking himself away from his thoughts, he turned back around and continued working with his headphones plugged in, tuning out the noise of the classroom.

The long day had finally ended and Marinette breathed out a sigh of relief as she hugged her books to her chest. She was walking out with Alya, Nino, and Adrien beside her quietly.

She stifled another yawn and rubbed her eyes blinking.

"You should probably go home and sleep," Adrien said from beside her startling her.

"I-I p-promised them I'd hang out," she said frowning.

"I don't think a nap would hurt," he said smiling. She nodded at him with a light blush on her cheeks as Adrien walked away to his car, his bodyguard and Nathalie waiting for him, waving to the others.

"I'll meet you guys there in an hour," she said to both of them who nodded in agreement and waved goodbye to them.

She walked the rest of the way home, truth is, she couldn't sleep because of Chat's sudden appearance last night, and they spent a lot of time hanging out and working.

She wasn't complaining though, her partner's presence could be entertaining when he didn't always make dumb cat puns. She chuckled at the thought and walked inside the bakery waving to her parents, her dad handed her a croissant that she munched on while walking upstairs.

"Ugh Tikki I'm so tired," she said stretching, as Tikki looked at her.

"You should rest Marinette, I'll wake you up when it's time to go," Tikki assured her.

She nodded at her Kwami before curling onto her side on the bed and dozing off peacefully.

~

"Marinette, wake up!" Tikki said, nudging her cheek gently.

Marinette's eyes fluttered open as she looked at the time. She had slept for an hour but it felt like a mere few minutes. She sighed and rubbed her eyes, trudging her way to the bathroom. She came out five minutes later and grabbed her stuff while Tikki flew into her purse. She walked down the stairs waving a goodbye to her parents before walking out of the bakery.

She checked her phone to see 2 texts from Alya asking her where she was, she replied with a quick 'I'm on my way' before placing her phone back in her purse.

She reached Nino's place 5 minutes later and knocked on the door gently, a few seconds later it burst open and Alya practically pulled her inside as she chuckled. She found Nino sitting on the couch, controller in his hand fighting a robot on screen.

"Did Adrien make it?" She asked hopeful.

"He did," Adrien said walking out of the kitchen.

She smiled at him and he returned it, immediately giving her butterflies. She had gotten better at talking to him recently and she was thankful for her newfound confidence that only seemed apparent in Ladybug.

"We thought you weren't gonna make it though," he said chuckling. "Did you manage to get some sleep?"

"Y-yeah, I did," she said, blushing slightly.

"Makes sense why you were late girl," Alya said placing a hand on her shoulder. "You wanna play?"

"Sure!" She said excitedly.