41 - Bachelor X Bachelorette

Start from the beginning

"So just a stripper," I investigate.

"No stripper, strippers or stripping of any kind," Chase assures.

"Oh bummer. My stripper is a really sexy policeman," I tease.

"What!" Chase exclaims and I laugh.

"I'm kidding. But I did have one question before I go. Um for our wedding I was just wondering if you're doing vows and wrote them. Not that I didn't write them aheh but I just wanted to know if we were doing them. So that way one of us don't have and do have-"

"Luck. Breathe. What's your question?" Chase asks, cutting off my rambling. I've really got to stop doing that.

"Did you write vows," I spit out.

"Yeah of course," Chase clears his throat.

"Okay bye!" I immediately hang up, tossing my head back to Dylan. "Zach, go get papers and pen! Tristan, get the cookies out of the oven! Dylan, go get the face masks!" I order everyone, giving them each a job. I carry each of our buckets to the table and dounce more alcohol into them.

Once the guys return we get started. "How do you even start vows? I love you?" I question.

"Just start with a memory. Like when you first met, how did that go," Tristan asks.

"We hated each other," I retort, honestly. Remembering how much Chase and I would annoy and insult one another or the stupid fights we'd always get into.

"Write about that. Make it funny but admirable. What about when you started liking each other platonically or had fun," Dylan adds.

"To be honest it was kind of a switch between friends and enemies. Repeatedly," I explain. I begin jotting down a few notes I can remember from the first few weeks of camp.

"Your first kiss. There has to be a story there," Zach says. My eyes widened remembering how it went and why. "Ah ah ah. I see it in your eyes. Tell us," Zach demands.

"Well uh funny story actually. Technically it was because he was jealous Hendrix and Shawn kissed me a-"

"You kissed Shawn and Hendrix!" All three boys exclaim. Interrupting me before I have the chance to finish.

"Well Hendrix was during the first mission to get Carmen back. And that was nothing but a light kiss to the cheek," I explain.

"Shawn?" All three boy simultaneously say.

"Lips but you know it was a task too," I begin explaining. I did leave that part out when I told the guys about the mission.

"Write about that," Zach jests.

"Shut up. Give me a better idea," I grumble.

"How about times when Chase is overprotective. Or saved you from dying or something," Tristan shrugs.

"Well there are many of those," I mutter thinking to myself.

"And lots of funny and fun times. Then just write why you love him, what you love about him and how you're going to continue to love him. Boom! Vows," Dylan smacks his hand down on the table.

•••

"I WIN!" I scream. Zach flips the entire board game sending money, cards and mini characters flying everywhere. We all laugh.

"Aww Zachy. Are you sad," I tease. He was one turn away from winning.

"Nope. I'm cool," Zach takes in a deep breath before exhaling. We all laugh but soon stop hearing the doorbell.

"Are we expecting anyone?" I ask, confused.

"Nope," all three boys answer. I shrug walking towards the front door. I stumble on my way but luckily Tristan catches me before I fall over. "Thanks," I laugh. We all reach the door and Dylan opens it.

"YOO! Bachelor X Bachelorette clash!" AJ shouts barging into. Hendrix, Shawn, Logan, Alex and Chase all stagger in.

"What have you guys done to my groom," I ask, watching Chase tumble onto the floor. He lays on the floor not bothering to get up.

"Questionable shots," Logan slurs.

"What're we playing?" Alex asks, seeing the board game pieces all over the floor.

"Well it was Payday. But unfortunately Zach threw a tantrum," Tristan jokes.

"Cool. Let's play again so I can rock your shit," Hendrix walks over to the living room with everyone but Chase and I.

"Yeah we'll meet you there in a second," I lightly kick Chase's side making sure he's alive. "Boy your hangover is going to be killer," I mention getting on my knees. I lean over and grab Chase's face so it's facing me.

"Hi," he whispers.

"Hi yourself," I reply. He chuckles attempting to sit up. I help him up and lean his back against the wall.

"I didn't write vows. I did something else," Chase whispers barely audible but fortunately I'm lucky enough to catch it.

"We can skip vows," I suggest. I don't really want to explain to the whole world why I love Chase and how I will continue too. That's private and personal.

"Good because I don't need to tell everyone why you're mine. They don't deserve that. You do, so I wrote you a letter," he explains.

"Me too," I reciprocate. Technically my vows are more of a personal letter than an actual vow. Chase's eyes light up focusing on mine.

"Come kiss me. I'm too dizzy to move," he mutters. I laugh, backing away.

"Your breath reeks of alcohol. Kiss me in my wedding dress," I blow Chase a kiss from where I am.

"Go play. I need a second to collect myself," Chase says softly.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yeah. Just waiting for the dizziness to blow over. I'll be fine, go have fun," he reassures. I nod walking over to the boys who are about to start a game of monopoly.

"Hope you're all ready to get your asses kicked," I smirk sitting down. AJ deals me money and tosses me the last character.

"I'm a pro. You can try," Logan says leaning back into his chair.

•••

"I'm not clear or thinking straight. I'm drunk, that's why I lost," Logan declares. I laugh rolling my eyes.

"I'm drunk too. And I won. Suck it," I toss down the stack of money I gained from playing monopoly on the table.

"Hey is your sister coming tomorrow," Zach asks. I shrug unknowingly. My parents and Chase's are the ones who made the guess list.

"Probably. I'd assume so but who knows. I haven't seen her in a while," I mention now realizing. I wonder what she's up to.

"Ten bucks she'll try and ruin your wedding," Dylan bets. "20!" "50! "200!" All the boys begin betting on it.

"I doubt it. She's not stupid enough to do that," I mutter unsure.

"Not to jinx anything but I have a feeling something is definitely going down tomorrow," Hendrix admits.

"He's right. Think about it, you and Chase seal the deal tomorrow. Anything whoever is working against us has been trying to attain. Their goal is probably before the wedding," Alex explains.

"Guys it'll be fine. You're just overthinking this," I reassure. But in reality, I can't even back up my own serenity. We finished cleaning up the board game.

"Yeah I guess. But if I were you extra security," AJ suggests.

"Won't hurt. Keep that in mind," I quickly make a mental note to get extra security for my wedding.