ITS NICE TO HAVE A FRIEND

INT. BLOOM's BEDROOM. 10 YEARS AGO.

Vintage 90s pink and blue cassette stereo filled with old flowery stickers and a ripped tinker bell sticker rests on a desk. A pale handsets stereo upright as she places a cassette marked "Bloom beats 7" with scratchy glitter ink into it. A finger presses play as SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND BY THE BEATLES BECOMES THE SCORE. The music fills the room as a young BLOOM stands before a mirror. She twists her back as her hips loosen. Her eyes drift towards her stomach as she presses down and appears thinner. She nods as she breaths in and lets the ecstatic guitar music fills her limbs. She moves to the music she swings herself into the air and extends her legs into the splits. She attempts to gracefully land but her footing is off and she collapses onto the floor. She takes a moment to take another deep breath as she stands up and tries again. So may I introduce you, the act you've known for all these years. Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club band!

EXT. FOOTBALL FIELD. MANY YEARS LATER.

The SONG continues as BLOOM becomes a high school cheerleader and performing the exact same move but executing it with a style and grace that floors the audience. Their adoration fills BLOOM's lungs with something more than air as a smile breaks through her sweat-drenched face. We hope you will enjoy the show. Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band, sit back and let the evening go. Other cheerleaders pat BLOOM on the back as she smiles, her eyes filled with euphoria drift over to a blonde-haired football player. He winks at her as she bites her tongue and her smile only gets bigger. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely-

INT. HOUSE PARTY-LIVING ROOM. LATER.

The SONG continues as BLOOM exactingly dancing with a group full of faceless teens all patting her on the back and dropping their arms around her. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts club band. The living room is bathed in blue light as BLOOM collapses on a couch and catches her breath. Sweat pours from her head but exhaustion can not kill BLOOM's smile. The faceless teens become still shadows that all cheer her on as they gesture for her to keep going. It's wonderful to be here, it's certainly a thrill. You're such a lovely audience. The same blonde guy from the game takes BLOOM's hand and spins her into the middle of the crowd as the dancing resumes in full force. We'd like to take you home with us, we'd love to take you home. BLOOM's panting begins to eclipse the SONG as everything but her breathing slows down. The rapid expansion of her lungs becomes the only thing BLOOM hears as the blue light fades into a soft orange. The shadow's whispers become mixed in with the panting as their begin to contract her tightly, her breath stifles. She grips her chest as she attempts to speak but no air can push her voice through the blaring music. I don't really want to stop the show. The orange light reddens as BLOOM attempts to move but she has no air to move her limbs. But I thought that you might like to know that the singer's gonna sing a song. Her limbs give and she crashes to the floor as the shadows rage on. And he wants you all to sing along.  So let me introduce you! The one and only Billy Shears. BLOOM collapses onto the floor as she gazes at the raging party through her frozen eyes. And Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, yeah!  Her eyes catch the blonde guy glancing at her as he turns his back on her. The shadows roar with applause as a tear runs down BLOOM's cheek. The SONG fizzles out along with the party as BLOOM is left collapsed in her void of silence.  A pounding heart echoes from her ribcage as suddenly the air inside of her condenses into rock pulling everything down with it. The wooden floor begins to spin as it becomes a hallway of lockers and BLOOM is pushed off and left standing in the school hallways. Her eyes dart around in confusion and zero in on the blonde guy walking away from her. BLOOM holds out her hand to me but is still frozen in place. A gaze of sadness fills her eyes as her empty lungs begin to fill with a sorrow never before felt. The sorrow fills her empty lungs as a new feeling begins to eclipse her sadness, rage. Her lungs begin to boil as her gaze melts away into a glare as the echoing panting returns. The energy returns to her hand as she clenches it with rage. Her eyes meet the blonde as her ocean eyes begin to burn orange while the lockers rattle.