||19||

'Mysteries of the Magic Castle' I meticulously scanned the shelves in the library's extensive mystery section

'Mysteries of the Magic Castle' I meticulously scanned the shelves in the library's extensive mystery section. To my surprise, Katsuki willingly accompanied me on this mission, despite my ability to handle it alone. Keigo's reasoning for sending him with me remained a mystery.

My attention was caught by an ancient book, its age evident by the layers of dust upon its cover. Intrigued, I felt compelled to investigate further. Regrettably, the text was written in a language I couldn't decipher. Determined to uncover its secrets, I sought assistance from the elderly receptionist.

Approaching her with the book in hand, I politely asked, "Ma'am, could you possibly identify the language this is written in?" She accepted the book and studied it attentively.

"It appears to be Latin," she responded. Disappointed by her inability to read it, I let out a deflated sigh.

Then, a brilliant idea struck me. I placed the book on a nearby table and quickly reached for my mobile device. Capturing a photo of the cover, I utilized Google translator in an attempt to decipher its contents. As the translated words appeared on my screen, a surge of excitement overwhelmed me.

"Mysteries of the Magic Castle," I read triumphantly.

"Ehem! Keep your voice down," scolded the elderly receptionist.

"Oops! My apologies," I sheepishly apologized, rubbing the back of my neck.

Determined to take the book with me, I calmly approached the receptionist once again. She nodded in agreement.

"May I have your ID, please? I need to register your name," she requested.

"Certainly," I complied, handing her my hero ID without hesitation.

"Why is a young hero like you interested in this dusty book?" She inquired.  Curiosity lingered in her eyes as she scribed my name in her register and stamped the book.

Before I could respond to her inquiry about my interest in the dusty book, the front of the library erupted in a violent explosion. Reacting instinctively, I shielded the elderly woman with my expansive, shimmering silver wings.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" I anxiously inquired. She nodded in affirmation.

"I'm fine, dear," she assured me.

"Does the library have an underground room or a back exit for escape or safety?" I inquired, anticipating a villainous assault.

"Yes, we have a back door," she answered.

"Excellent. Allow me to escort you there," I offered. She gestured for me to follow, confirming my suspicion of a villain attack. Fortunately, Katsuki was patrolling outside, a formidable hero in his own right. He could handle any villains present while I ensured the safety of the librarian and secreted away the book, far from prying eyes.

"We've arrived," the librarian announced, opening the door to the library's rear area. Thankfully, the alleyway stood empty of any evildoers.

"Ma'am, please call the police and safeguard the book here with you. Rest assured, Ground Zero and I will protect you," I instructed, handing her the book. She clasped it to her chest protectively.

I flashed a reassuring smile before stepping into the back area and shutting the door behind me. Taking a deep breath, I steeled myself for the imminent battle that lay ahead.

********

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.