||11||

"Kacchan, it's not wise to engage in a fight with a fellow hero," Izuku calmly advised, attempting to defuse the tension between us

"Kacchan, it's not wise to engage in a fight with a fellow hero," Izuku calmly advised, attempting to defuse the tension between us. Although I wanted to leave the past behind, his constant glares were starting to grate on my nerves. Fortunately, Kiera sensed my growing frustration and held my hand, offering me a sense of calm and support.

I glanced at her, finding solace in her reassuring smile. Taking a deep breath, I made a conscious effort to regain my composure.

"Ground Zero, I have no interest in fighting you. Let's leave the past where it belongs," I replied, mustering a small, understanding smile. It seemed important for one of us to exhibit maturity in this situation.

"Let go of me, Deku!" he scoffed, his demeanor gradually shifting as I witnessed traces of anger fade from his eyes. Izuku immediately released him, allowing the blond hero to approach me. With a composed yet alert stance, I stood my ground, aware that I could swiftly counter any surprise attack with my electrical abilities.

"Now, listen to me, brat. I am no. 3 Pro Hero Ground Zero, so show me the respect I deserve. Now, apologize for what happened that day!" he demanded. Did he truly expect me to apologize to someone as arrogant as him?

"Apologize? For what? Your disrespect towards me? Your incessant name-calling? Or your careless destruction of my t-shirt with your damn ice cream?!" I retorted, my voice growing louder. Despite his imposing size and the air of intimidation surrounding him in his hero costume, I felt no fear in his presence.

"Why you little-" Katsuki began, poised for an attack. I, too, was ready to fight, extending my wings wide as Kiera and the others instinctively moved away from me.

"Ground Zero! Angel! Separate, right now!" Keigo's commanding voice rang out. I spotted him standing at the room's entrance, his expression mirroring his dissatisfaction. While I inwardly scoffed, I complied, stepping away from Katsuki, who did the same.

"I leave you alone for an hour, and you've already stirred up trouble. And in this state, you expect me to allow you to embark on a mission alone?" Keigo chided, raising an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes in response, which elicited a snort of laughter from Katsuki.

"What's so funny, you angry pomeranian?" I spat, fueling my frustration. Laughter erupted from various corners of the room.

"Angry pomeranian?! That's the best name Bakubro ever received!" Eijiro cackled, his amusement almost causing him to collapse onto the ground. Even Shoto and Hitoshi observed me with entertained expressions adorning their faces.

"You're dead now!" Katsuki exclaimed, charging towards me. Just as he was about to reach me, Keigo's feathers swooped in, pulling him away. Smirking confidently, I directed one of my feathers towards Katsuki to deliver an electric shock. However, Keigo's larger feathers promptly redirected mine. I turned my gaze to Keigo, realizing I had unintentionally invoked his ire. Oops! He was definitely furious now.

"Engage in such behavior again, and both of you will be removed from this mission. I didn't sign up to babysit two adults who act like five-year-olds," Keigo stated, his normally playful tone replaced by a more menacing timbre. He meant business, a fact underscored by the mere seriousness dripping from his words. After all, Keigo typically exuded a lighthearted demeanor, which made his current disposition all the more alarming.

"Apologies, Keigo..." I conceded.

"It's Hawks to you, for the time being!" he asserted with authority, causing me to flinch at his commanding voice. I nodded, avoiding direct eye contact. An angry Keigo was undeniably terrifying, surpassing Katsuki's anger by a thousandfold.

"Angel, you will remain in the company of Mindjack and Oblivia for the entirety of this mission. I can't trust you alone. Ground Zero, I implore you to demonstrate the conduct expected of a no. 3 Pro Hero, rather than reverting to the person you were during your time at UA. This mission is crucial, and I cannot allow your conflicts to hinder its success," Keigo directed, the feathers that had restrained Katsuki retracting and reconnecting with his red wings.

Fear emanated from everyone as they observed Keigo. While his anger rarely surfaced, it was unequivocally frightening when it did. Additionally, being the most senior pro hero present, it was crucial to accord him the respect he deserved.

Katsuki remained silent, positioning himself beside Izuku. Nevertheless, I couldn't help noticing the occasional glares he cast in my direction. I sighed, realizing I had failed in my attempt to display maturity, instead instigating a fight with him. Now, the outcome of this mission seemed uncertain.

********

Eijiro is a sweetheart....🥺

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.