Chapter 12

"Due to that promise, Mam was taking my responsibility! I was left all alone, I didn't know bhai was alive. All I knew was, that my family died there, but Mam held my hand, she gave support, not just financial but moral and emotional too. Bhai (to Abhay), whenever I wanted Ma's lap, mam was there for me. Whenever I wanted Papa's gentle embrace, she was there; whenever I wanted to cry on your shoulder, she was there. She was there for me all the time. But no one was there for her. Uncle (to Ravi), you threw her, you threw your own daughter out of the house without even thinking once. She wanted money just to raise me. Just for the promise she had made with that couple!", Meera said in one go and started taking long breathe.

Abhay rubbed her back and told her to rest and not to take stress.

Ravi on the other hand was drowned in his own sorrow. What has he done? He had blamed his daughter, for no reason! He had abandoned her! Disowned her, and she, his daughter had made him proud today. Today he could proudly boast himself, of being Alina's father. But can she boast about him? Can she proudly claim that I am the daughter of Ravi Mathur?

All the past happenings revolved in his mind, from the time he threw her, he cursed her, he threw shares on her face, he always shouted and scolded her whenever she would come to speak the truth.

Suddenly that night came in his mind. 'The night' when she disappeared! It was four days ago, she came here to again tell him truth, but he refused to listen.

"Mam had taken your experiment documents", Meera said as her breathing became normal again.

Realization dawned on Ravi and he ran towards his study. He opened all his drawers, kicked some cabinets, threw files all over the floor, but couldn't find those documents. Abhay who was witnessing all this was puzzled. What was going on? What experiment? Which documents?

Ravi and Abhay stared Meera to spill the truth.

"That night, mam was again crying over her fate! She was reminiscing old memories with uncle and aunty. She was miserble, when she told me that you engrossed yourself (to Ravi) so much in experiments that you never understood her condition...."

Flashback.... four days ago.. Meera's apartment

"Mam, don't cry! Please mam", Meera said with tears.

She can't see her mentor crying. Alina was her guardian, her only family and her mentor. She (Alina) had endured many pain just because of her.

"Papa never understood my point. All he did was work and work. Did he forget that I too lost my mumma. It was not just him, who had lost his wife, I too have lost my mother. But he? He behaved as if, only he was hurt. He didn't even know how I have tackled those relatives that had mocked me. Those relatives who were taunting that my father is unconscious and my mother is dead! Papa was unconscious for two days, I was the one who had done all the rituals. He never understood, I lost my childhood that day. I lost my innocence! And he blamed me! He called me money minded!", Alina cried as she remembered her plight.

"He was busy with his experiments.....", Alina continued but then paused.

"Experiments! Yes experiments!", Alina exclaimed and jumped.

"Mam, are you fine!", Meera asked with concern.

"Meera, Papa studied about time. And he had done many experiments on theory of relativity, and he had even found a 'wormhole'", Alina chirped.

"Wormhole?", Meera asked to which Alina nodded.

.

.

.

Meera drove Alina to Mathur's residence and was waiting for her in her car. Alina had strictly ordered her not to enter this house. She didn't know what Alina wanted. She just knew that she had to take Alina somewhere. Just then she saw Alina coming with tear stricken face and a document in his hands.

Alina sat on the passenger seat with emotionless expressions.

"Drive towards Harkula Tunnel!", Alina ordered while reading the document.

Without questioning Meera started driving. After reaching at destination, Alina walked out and went inside the tunnel.

Meera saw her disappearing inside the tunnel with a flash of light. She thought she would return next day. But when she didn't found her she informed the police.

Flashback ends.

"So you are saying she just vanished from the tunnel?", Abhay asked in vexation.

How was this possible? Can someone disappear like this? What rubbish is this?

Meera nodded while Ravi was horrified.

Ravi gulped his saliva as he spoke, "She said she will change the past!".

Her last words ringed on his ears: "What if I change the past, will you forgive me then?"

Abhay couldn't take it more. All of this was confusing him.

"Change the past? But it's impossible!", Abhay shouted.

"Wormhole!", Ravi said as he stared Abhay.

A/N: So? All confusions clear? I know some are still left, but I will clear them soon..

And ready for traveling back in time? I am excited, are you too?