Chapter 6

Abhay was standing at the door. He read "Meera's" and rang the bell.

Today was something unusual. Not today, actually. Right now was something unusual. He was better at the cottage of Mathur's but now standing in front of Meera's flat gave him a strange feeling. He was feeling restless, anxious, annoyed and more, like that day.

The door flung open, and he encounter a woman of mid twenties standing in front of him. Her eyes had a spark, which was known to him. Her face screamed of something, which he couldn't figure out, but he knew deep down, he had already met her, perhaps in the past.

"umm.. are you fine? You seemed to pass out soon!", Meera's words broke his trance and he felt nostalgic.

He had seen her, he had witnessed her, he had heard her, but where? The only girl he knew was.... But is this possible? Is she alive?

"Juhi!", Abhay whispered which merely was heard by anyone.

"Sir?", Meera asked again.

"Oh..uh. Meera, right?", Abhay calmed his demons.

Meera nodded in confusion.

"We are here to inquire about Alina Mathur's case! I am Abhay Sharma, investigating officer.", Abhay introduced.

Meera nodded and gave him space to enter her house.

Abhay entered the neatly cleaned home. It was a beautiful place. The walls were painted white, which screamed lavishness, and the wooden floor adds on the classic touch. Moreover, the furniture were modernized and way of placement was astonishing!

                                                                                       ................

"Bhai what are you doing?", Juhi screamed as young Abhay threw his shoes on the floor, making the recently mopped floor muddy.

"Can't you see?", Abhay shouted and threw himself on his bed.

"Bhai! I hate this! Clean you room, otherwise I am going to tell mom.", Juhi said to scare Abhay.

Abhay laughed at her lame excuse. Their mom was already out, so he had got the chance to irritate his sister by making the house untidy. Abhay very well knew her whim for tidiness.

He started throwing his clothes here there, which flared her nostrils.

"Bhai!", Juhi shouted at her full..

"Why are you doing this? Don't you know, I hate this! crazy man! You know cleanliness is a...", Juhi tried to explain him value of cleanliness but Abhay interrupted.

"A crime! Cleanliness is a crime, Juhi!", Abhay said.

And they both burst out laughing.

                                                                                             .................

"I must say, your house is very neat and tidy!", Abhay said.

"Thank you Sir.", Meera smiled at the compliment.

The smile...he had seen it.. but was his intuition right? How was she alive? He herself has witnessed the house catching fire.