Chapter 2

"Yes? May I help you?", An old man asked Meera in confusion.

"Uncle Ravi?", Meera asked.
Though Alina had shown Meera pictures of her family, still Meera was confused when she saw this old man. He didn't looked like the one from the photo. That man was lively, handsome, smart and his eyes had hopes.
But this man, standing in front of her, he was devoid of hope, as if he is empty.

"Y..yes I am Ravi Mathur. But I don't know you beta." , Ravi said.

Meera smiled as he called her beta. She remembered how Alina wished of the same.

...........
"This is the best day mam! We got this project! You know, now we will be the top company of India." , Meera said chirpily.

Alina smiled a little, but the smile was not of happiness, rather of sadness.

"The day when papa will call me 'beta', will be the best day for me!", Alina said looking at a distant point.
............

"Umm.. uncle, have Alina mam recently visited you?", Meera asked as she came out of her thoughts.

Meera knew the relationship between Alina and her father. So she was hesitant.

"Oh! So she had sent you, to check up on me.. Look girl, tell your mam, that I am alive. And I can live without that money minded girl." , Ravi shouted and banged the door on her face.