Chapter 3

"Uncle, Mam is nowhere. I checked office, her apartment, I even contacted her friends, but she is nowhere to be found. That's why I thought she might be here.. Sorry to disturb you.", Meera shouted from outside and then went inside her car.

She knew, their was no use of explaining things to Ravi. Because as per Alina, he was a stubborn kid of two years!

...........
"Mam, your father has again returned the money, which you told me to transfer.", Meera told Alina who was busy in her laptop.

"I know! Why would he take my help! For him I am money minded girl na! Meera, you need to send the money in such a way that he didn't got to know, it's me who is sending him.", Alina said.

Meera was horrified.

"Mam, how? It's not po...", Meera tried to speak.

"Meera, I will not hear this impossible word!", Alina spoke in stern voice.

"Okay, I will find a way!", Meera spoke as she got an idea

"Great girl! But be aware he is very stubborn, like a two years old kid!", Alina said and they broke into laughter instantly.
...........

"Huh! Missing? So what if she is nowhere to be found? Must be going somewhere else to earn more money..", Ravi talked to himself as he paced around his house.

Ravi Mathur, the physics professor, never gave a damn to money! He even taught this to his daughter, but probably, there was a loophole in his upbringing, that's why she turned out into this.

Ravi was pacing around when he stopped in his tracks as his eyes fell on a portrait, which was hung on the wall.

"What? Don't look at me like this! God knows where is your daughter!", He shouted looking at the portrait of a woman, whose photo has a white garland.

He sat on his rocking chair, closed his eyes, and travel back to those days......

...........
Young Ravi, could feel some soft thing which was touching his upper lip. He was sitting on the rocking chair, calculating his physics theory, with closed eyes.

He wanted to open his eyes and see what was going on, but the little giggles made him understand everything.

As soon as he felt a presence near himself, he opened his eyes and trapped his seven year old daughter.

"Caught you!", He shouted and started tickling young Alina.

"Papa! Papa!", Alina shouted as she tried to run from his hold.

"What's going on here?", A stern voice make them stop in their tracks.

"Heena, look at your daughter! She had again painted my upper lip with black.", Ravi complained to his wife.

"You and your daughter.. god! Don't make me interfere in your matters..", Heena shouted from kitchen.

Ravi and Alina glanced each other with a mischievous smile.
Then, they both rushed inside kitchen and all three of them were painted in black.
Alina and Ravi stroked the black paint on Heena's face, who in turn to take revenge did the sam with the two. And all three ended up in making a mess in the kitchen.
...........

But the mess was worth it! The house was so lively back then! Echoes of laughter could be heard everytime. Unlike now, now it is not the same home, it's just a piece of property. There is no Heena, no Alina and even no Ravi. The Ravi, died when he lost his wife, and now this Ravi is just a living corpse, which is waiting for death.