Chapter 102: Good old country comfort

Start from the beginning

Before I knew it, I had been down at the lake for hours and the sun had broken through the grey skies to brighten in to a warm, summers day

Before I knew it, I had been down at the lake for hours and the sun had broken through the grey skies to brighten in to a warm, summers day. I packed up my blanket and the letter I was in the middle of writing to Newt, on my theories on where I could find a particularly large pack of wampus and climbed back on to Ivy and rode back to the farm.

When I got back to the farm, I found Danny looking particularly sheepish as Aunt Tammy lectured him on something. As I listened into the conversation, I picked up that Danny had already managed to get Pa's truck covered in mud after taking it off roading the night before.

"Now, you march out into the backyard and wash that truck, Daniel Thomas Odinson. And no magic! I don't care if you can use magic outside of school now, as long as you are living under my roof, you will follow my rules. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mum," Danny said, sounding like a kid who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"I'll watch him to make sure that he doesn't use magic, Aunt Tammy," I said walking over to them.

"Good morning, Elsa," Aunt Tammy said as she gave me a quick hug. "Thank you, he needs someone to supervise him."

"Oh, come on! Do you really not trust me," Danny whined.

"Not in the slightest," Aunt Tammy said at the same time I said, "No, not at all."

"Fine! I'm going," Danny sighed getting up off the couch to head out to the backyard.

I followed him out the back as I laughed at his sulking behavior. He should have known better than to get Pa's truck so dirty on out first week back from Hogwarts. I knew that he loved driving through the mountains as much as I loved going for a ride. But unlike Danny, I didn't ride Ivy through a mud pile.

"Did you enjoy yourself, at least?" I asked him as I sat down on one of the bay barrels as Danny pulled out everything he needed to wash and polish the truck.

"Yeah, I did," Danny laughed, filling us one of the buckets with water. "I can't believe that Mr. Diggory wouldn't let Cedric come with us, I mean he's almost like us now and he needs to figure out what his powers are before something happens. Trust me, I learnt that one the hard way."

"What, like setting your leg on fire?" I joked.

"Very funny, Elsa," Danny said as he turned the hose on me.

"Jokes on you, Danny," I said as I used my powers to draw the water off me and to throw it back at Danny who went to grab his wand to dry himself off. "Hey, no magic!"

After glaring at me, Danny turned the car radio on and turned it up loud as all our favorite songs came on. Which we proceeded to sing along to at the top of our voices, having fun and letting loose for the first time in forever. 

"Hey girl!
Woah, now!
You know you've got everybody lookin'"

"I love this song! Turn it up!" I called out to Danny as Country girls, shake it for me by Luke Bryan came on the radio.