Chapter 102: Good old country comfort

Começar do início

A week in to the summer holidays, I woke up just before sunrise and even though it was an over cast day, I saddled up my favorite horse, Ivy, and went out ridding

A week in to the summer holidays, I woke up just before sunrise and even though it was an over cast day, I saddled up my favorite horse, Ivy, and went out ridding. It had been so long since I had been able to just go out and ride for no reason at all. It always cleared my mind and that was something that I definitely needed to do. Even though everything had been building to that one night of the third task, it seemed like it all happened so quickly.

I was grateful for everything that Urdr and Verdandi had done for Cedric and me but I still wanted to confront Skuld for everything that she has put us through. I still didn't know why she chose me to harass me out of all the Asgardians but I was damn sure that I was going to find out one way or another and Loki had sworn to help me find out the answer.

But more importantly, Cedric and I needed to find out what his new abilities were. We already knew that he could somehow now speak Norwegian which was the language spoken in Asgard, I learnt not to question how Norway had learnt the language of the gods and call it their own because you could never get a straight answer from any Norse god, and he could now use glamour's as well. But from what Mum said, there was bound to be a lot more to uncover.

When I got to the lake that I had brought Cedric too, I climbed down off Ivy and let her graze on the grass as I pulled a blanket out of the saddle I had packed and my copy of Fantastic Beast. I couldn't count how many times I had read the book but it was comforting to me. I also wanted to start researching a bit more about the magical creatures in America. Newt had told me that MACUSA, even though grateful for what he had done for them, weren't the biggest fans of his after he unintentionally let a suitcase full of magical creatures loose in New York City. That meant that they weren't overly keen on letting him research any of the state's magical creatures, so I had offered to do it for him.

I was particularly interested in the wampus. I mean who wouldn't be, it resembled a mountain lion that could walk on its back two legs and could use hypnosis as well as legilimency. They were native to the Appalachian Mountains which just happened to be in Tennessee. The only problem was the Appalachian Mountains also stretched out over a few states. But it was a starting place.