"Yes ma'am. Come on." he grabbed the skates from Asha's hands and gestured for her to walk ahead of him.

"I could've carried them but thank you anyway." she bypassed him and pranced down the tiled walkway to his Kia Optima.

He closed the front door, giving Toria a wave goodbye, before he followed behind Asha over to his car. She stood at the car door, watching him indiscreetly give her a once over as he approached her and reached for the door handle, "You smell like exotic fruit and sex appeal."

"What?" she laughed. He only smiled, waiting for her to climb inside the car but she didn't. "What does that even mean?"

"Exactly what it sounds like." he rested his arms on the door frame since she had yet to get in.

"I'm just gonna say thank you. But you smell really good too." she finally sat down in the passenger seat.

"Good enough to get ate?" he grinned while sitting the rollerskates near her fret.

"Just a lil bit." she pinched her fingers together. He softly laughed then pushed her door shut and went around to the driver's side.

The skating rink was half an hour from Asha's place and instead of occupying that time with music, Sanchez turned it down for a little conversation. He'd thought about Zeek's statement for the last few days – not too much but enough for him to wonder where exactly did he plan to go with Asha relationship wise. He did find her attractive and so far he loved her vibe but was he going to friend zone himself or subtly ease into something? It only crossed his mind a few times because he had never been in a relationship. He also had a hard time seeing himself being in one because he knew he wasn't emotional enough.

He saw love a few times and could admit it warmed his heart and he was genuinely happy for those people, but he didn't care to be in their shoes. He wasn't sure if he was capable of being open bare, vulnerable and dedicated to someone. He wouldn't say that it was scary. He merely thought it was temporary and had a toxic hold on people. True happiness came from within, in his opinion, so no other person could make him happier than he made himself. He also believed people fell out of love whether they wanted to admit to it or not. The act of losing interest was human nature whether a person wanted to or not. Which was why he never chose to be in a relationship. He rather be to himself.

"How was your visit back home? I know your parents missed you."

She looked away from the passing buildings, "My mom definitely missed me but only because she's the only girl in the house now."

"You're the only girl? Ah man I just know you a big ass crybaby."

"And what about it? I like to believe my feelings are valid and if I were to cry and complain, I had good reason."

"Yeah, yeah I heard that before. How old are your brothers?"

"Ten and twelve. The two halves of my heart." she smiled to herself. "Did you like growing up the only child?"

"Yes and no. Like I hated being by myself all the time but with all the shit my family went thru I was glad no one else around my age had to experience it."

Asha immediately thought about his mother's death and how they were connected because of her, but she wasn't sure if she should say something in that moment. She told her mother she was let Sanchez know and have him get in contact with her. It just wasn't something she felt should be just thrown in the air. She also didn't know exactly how to ease into it either.

"That bad huh?" she looked away from him.

"Tragic. You're from Jupiter right? I know you know about the craziness that goes down in Riviera."