39 ~ Prom Night ✨

Start from the beginning

"Has he told you?" I ask.

"Once. Drunk," Dylan retorts.

"You know they say," Zach yells from the top of the play structure. "Drunk words are sober thoughts!"

"I'm so stupid," I mutter throwing my head back. How could I not realize? I probably made things worse by seeing him. 

"It's not your fault. He was going to tell you until the arranged marriage," Zach assures.

"And then again and again after your many fights with Chase," Tristan adds.

"And eventually he just didn't have the guts to do it. Especially now knowing you're madly in love with Chase. He backed off," Dylan explains. 

"I don't want to think about this. Let's just head to prom," I groan, jumping off the swing. How could I be so stupid. I want to call him and apologize but that'll end up making things worse than it already is.

"It's alright Charm. He's fine, Walker is a strong guy. He'll get over you," Dylan reassures, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"On the other hand we all look hot as fuck. Which means we are making the grand entrance to prom!" Zach gloats.

"You don't look hot," Tristan banters. He screams as Zach pushes him off the top of the play structure and falls onto the ground.

"Zach!" Dylan and I scold while he climbs down. Tristan gets up with a few cuts to his hands.

"I'm okay," he groans in pain. "Damn whose dumbass idea was it to put wood chips at a playground. Yeah let's just make it hurt ten times more," Tristan mumbles making us all burst out in laughter.

•••

"Alright game faces. Once we enter, look hot and fierce," Zach coaches us as we reach the prom.

"Zach, it's prom," I remind him.

"He's just looking to get laid tonight," Tristan mentions as Zach slaps his shoulder.

"That's true but besides the point. Focus!" Zach reminds us. I laugh and open the limo door stepping out. I put on my fierces face just for Zach. No smile, no teeth. Nothing but my best ferocious face.

Dylan walks up next to me while Zach and Tristan walk in behind us. We walk down a path and into the building. It's really a hotel with a ballroom designated for high school proms. We enter the ballroom walking down the steps as the majority of eyes turn to us. Everyone from school basically knows our name so it's no surprise they're watching us.

We walk down the steps. Music bares through the air, laughter and talking swirls throughout the room. "Let's make this a night to remember," Dylan whispers. I nod, grabbing his hand and leading him to the dance floor.

"Let's dance!" I shout happily.

•••

"And risk your fiancé killing me. No thanks!"

"He won't, I promise. Just slow dance with me. Pleaseee," I poke out my lower lip and hold out my hand for Tristan. Dancing isn't Tristan's thing. In fact he's already turned down the eight girls who have asked him to slow dance repeatedly. But he can't say no to me.

"Fine," he huffs out a breath and takes my hand. I help pull him out of his seat before dragging him to the dance floor. Dylan and Zach have both found girls to dance with already. The song has already been going for a few minutes while Tristan and I slow dance about a foot apart. He told me if he gets any closer Chase is going to hire a hitman on him.