His POV I

Chapter 38

"I know what you're thinking, Nico. We've talked to her parents about that matter especially since that person still doesn't stop sending death threats to his family. He wants protection for  his daughter."

I rubbed my forehead. "How old is she?"

"She's turning twenty this year."

"Don't tell her yet about the plan. When she turns twenty, then you can tell her what's been discussed. Just don't do it now because I'm still taking care of something."

My father sighed. "Is this about Elise? It's been years Nicolas. You have to stop."

"No. I won't stop until I see that Rossi in jail or dead."

_____:::

A few months passed. We had just finished our meeting when my mother called.

"Nico, I've been calling you for how many times, why did you just answer now? It's almost 8, Mr. and Mrs. Evans are coming together with your fiancèe."

I almost forgot about the dinner. Because I was so tired, I let Alfred drive me home.

When I entered the mansion I immediately saw dad and Mr. Evans.

I approached them. "This is my son, Mr. Evans."

"Nice to meet you, Sir." He shook his head. Mr. Evans smiled at me.

"You have to call me Dad from now on." The two laughed.

I left them there then went up to my room to get ready.

I was nearing the dining room when I heard their laughter. I saw Cassandra and I immediately sat down next to her.

"You were just right in time, Nico. Meet your future in-laws and your future wife."

Mom said and then I looked at her. I smirked. Is she shy or scared? I thought of something to make her more even blushed.

"I like her."

And then, suddenly she raised her head and looked at me.

How cute.

The dinner went on until they talked about our wedding.

"I wanted it to be next week."

I texted Alfred to fetch me.

"Why son?" Dad asked.

"I just want to." I answered.

"Excuse us." Then I pulled Cassandra away from them.

When we got to the lawn I could feel her shaking. I laughed softly.

"Cassandra right?" she did not answer. I smirked again.

"I'm Nicolas Andrian De Luca."

Again, she did not answer. I let out a chuckle. I admire how she reacts when I'm around near her.

Her father aranged us to get married to protect her. Her parents knew what my job was so they talked that I shouldn’t involve Cassandra because they didn’t want to ruin her life.

I can't blame them because Cassandra is their only child. And now that I found out from Alfred that Rossi was here. I should come up with plan to avoid her getting involve in my world.

"Hey. Once we get married, there are some rules that I want you to keep in your mind. First, I don't like meddler person especially about my things and anything else. Second, I don't like inquisitive, third, I don't like people who betray me or cheat. And lastly, you must follow everything I say. I don't like disobedient people because when they don't obey me, I'll fill their skulls with bullets. There's no exception to this so you're also involved. Is that clear? "