Chapter Eight

Cassandra

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow," I immediately hung up the phone and put it to bed.

I was only in the guest room, but with the size of the room, I felt like I was in a first-class hotel. Immediately after dinner, an assistant took me here at Nicolas' command. He left because of work with some of his staff. I also couldn’t get out of here because some bodyguards locked me up. Not literally locked me up, but I can't get out of the mansion.

My friends and I talked earlier about going to a bar that just opened, but I won't be able to be there again because I'm here. Nicolas is really good at timing. It was always exact. Fortunately, I have already informed my friends. If not, I will definitely receive a strong slap and kick from them. I also called my parents to let them know that I would sleep here.

Because of boredom, I left the room. I neared the door at the far end of the hallway because it was slightly cracked open. I opened it not too wide and went inside. A very high bookshelf opened up to me, and a lot of books were placed there.

On the side where there is a large window with a curtain to block the light from outside. There was a large desk where the computer, papers, and much more were kept. In front of it is the sofa with two long chairs and at the end is a single. There is a small table in the middle.

"Is this Mr. De Luca's office? It's too big."

Inside the room, there are three doors. I first opened near the door. The large and elegant bathroom opened up to me. I also immediately closed it and then the second one. I went in and saw the king-size bed that was super thick. I approached there then sat down. Thick-looking but soft. I even lay there because of how comfortable it felt.

"Wow! This is amazing."

I also went out immediately and went to the third door. I was about to touch the doorknob when I heard voices outside approaching. I immediately went to the door and even pressed my ear. The voices were fading away, so I immediately opened it and peeped outside. Two men went by, and I only saw their back before they disappeared from the hallway. I left the room and went back to the guest room. I just lay down and decided to go to sleep.

I woke up again to the noise outside. I looked at the clock on the bedside table. It was early in the morning. I got out of bed and headed to the door. I was about to turn the doorknob around when I heard Nicolas' voice.

"Where is she?" I heard no one answered him. The next thing I heard was footsteps approaching the door.

I ran back to bed and lay down, then pretended to be asleep. I heard the door open but it closed immediately. I heard no one entered. I opened my eyes.

Nobody.

My chest was pounding with nervousness.

He didn't come inside. There is a little disappointment, but I ignore it.

"Will I feel it every day when we get married? Will I be scared every day? Why can't I feel at ease inside this mansion?" I whispered to the dark and cold morning.