Chapter Fifteen

Cassandra

"Stop the car," it was almost a whisper while I was still looking at the message from Nicolas.

"I said stop the car." I could see out of the corner of my eye that Flynn had turned to me but still didn’t stop the car.

"What's wrong, Cassy?"

"Stop the car."

Confused, Flynn stopped at the side of the road. Coincidentally, we were in the middle of nowhere when we stopped. I immediately removed the seatbelt and hurried out of the car. When I came out, I also heard the door open. Flynn approached me with a trace of astonishment on his face. I couldn’t breathe because of nervousness. I also looked straight at my phone, hoping that Nicolas would text again.

"What happened?"

"He knows." I took a deep breath before continuing. "He knows I'm with you."

That’s when Nicolas’ threats entered my mind. "You should leave. He'll kill you when he sees you with me. Go, Flynn." Afraid, I told him.

"What are you talking about, Cassy? Are you talking about Nicolas?" He went silent at his own question. Soon a car was approaching us. My eyes widened in fear.

"Go, Flynn. Leave!" I even pushed him into the car. "You have to leave here if you don't want to die early."

"How about you?" He questioned.

"I'll be fine." I assured him. I looked again at the car approaching us. "Go." I spoke weakly.

Even before Nicolas' car could approach, Flynn's car had turned away. Nicolas got out of the car with a dark and flaming gaze. He was still wearing the suit for our wedding, but his necktie was out of order. His hair was messy, and his eyes were full of anger.

I was backing away when he got close to me. And there was that strong and frightening aura around him again. I fought his deadly looks.

"Where do you think you're going? You even ran away from that man," he said full of rage.

"Leave him alone. He's just my friend," I quivered.

"Uh... uh... stop with your excuses. Now, what did I say once I caught you with him?" I held my breath as he gripped my jaw tightly and forced me to face him. My tears flowed because of the pain from his hand on my jaw, and I trembled because I was afraid of him.

I tried to get away from him because I could feel his tight grip on my jaw. But he also gradually loosened up. I closed my eyes in pain, but I felt his palm caressing my jaw. I looked up and met his eyes. His emotions still haven't changed.

Gradually his hand went down until it stopped at my lower back, then pulled me closer to his body. I held my breath again. I averted my eyes from his to his chest.

"I'm sorry." Almost air came out of my mouth when I said that. I received no response from him or even the slightest sound of approval. I just felt him pulling me into the car. He immediately let me in, and then he followed.

I was about to fasten the seatbelt when one arm wrapped around my waist and then pulled me up from the seat. Nicolas made me sit on his lap, and I felt his warm body behind me. My eyes widened when I realized what he had done.

Am I sitting on his lap?!

"Lean on me." He whispered in a husky and seductive voice. "Don't be afraid." My hair stood on end when I felt his warm breath against my neck.

I clung so tightly to the hem of my dress. I slowly leaned on his warm chest, then rested my head on his shoulder. "You can sleep." I felt his hand on my thigh, caressing it up and down. The car shook, signaling that we were leaving the middle of nowhere. Gradually, my eyelids dropped, and I fell into a deep sleep.

I cringed when I felt like I was being rocked. I first saw Nicolas' jaw, and when I adjusted my vision around, I found out that we were already at their mansion, and he was going up the stairs while carrying me in his arms.

"Nicolas." I called weakly. But he didn't even look at me. When we entered the room, I immediately smelled his fragrant perfume inside. And that's when I realized it was his room. He lowered me onto the bed. I glanced at him. There was still the dark and frightening look on his face.

"I won't tolerate any disobedience. You know my rules, moglie."

"I'm so sorry. I just want to talk with him." I wanted to applaud myself because I didn’t stutter in front of him out of fear.

"You're my wife, and you will do everything as I told. Capisci cosa intendo?" I nodded in response.

"Good. Now get on your knees." My eyes widened at what he said.

"W-what?"

"Get. On. Your. Knees." The corners of my eyes warmed, and I slowly knelt in front of him. I looked into his eyes, and my tears were just right. He raised his hand and wiped the tear from my cheek.

"I'll let it pass now. But the next time you do that, just be prepared for your punishment." I nodded quietly, still looking at his eyes.

"Rest."

I went back to lying on the bed. He went across the bed, then took off his clothes. He only had his pants left. After removing the Rolex from his wrist, he immediately went to bed. I peeked at him, but his face was covered with his arm over his forehead. It was only then that I breathed a sigh of relief when I felt his deep breathing. I didn't move, afraid that I might wake him up and make him even angrier. Soon, I fell asleep too.
______________

Sorry.....

Where u from guys?