chapter 1

welcome to paradise
🎶 run - taylor swift ft. ed sheeran

 Aubrie sat looking over the calm waters in front of her house

Aubrie sat looking over the calm waters in front of her house. She has a quiet little balcony attached to her room, a feature she had adored and what had drawn her to that one in comparison to the slightly larger rooms her siblings had.

She liked to listen to the wake from the boats crash beneath her, it grounded her and gave her a sense of unity with her surroundings.

She couldn't hear the bustling of her family members from inside the house, she couldn't hear the video games from Rafe's room, she only heard the seagulls and the soft hum of passing boats.

The water was her favorite song. The water seemed to be the only things that connected the islanders in Kildare.

At the same time, another was looking over the water. One John Booker Routledge.

Visiting a large mansion being built in Figure Eight was one of JJ's wonderful ideas, and the other pouges were always down for the ride. It was always an adventure. True to their ride or die motto: 'have a good time, all the time'.

Then there was Gary. He's always stuck chasing the pouges, and just barely missing them every time. Olivia Blue, Liv for short, often times felt bad for the man. She wouldn't do that kind of cardio for a paycheck that small.

Olivia was always fast. A track star at school. It was natural for her to look behind, to make sure her friends were keeping up. Reaching behind her, she held out her hand for JJ to grab as the two jumped into the VW van that the group had so graciously named 'the Twinkie.'

"Poor old Gary." Olivia sighed, turning to watch as he chased the car.

"Check out Gary running for a raise." Pope laughed.

Pope Heyward was the resident genius of the pouges. The only voice of wisdom present in their adventures. However, he was also the voice of anxiety and doubt. Liv sometimes joked that if they were in the movie Inside Out, he would be Fear.

"Here J." Olivia added, handing him a beer to taunt the guard with.

"Come on you two are going to give him a heart attack." Kiara scolded. The two never failed to have an immature antic up their sleeves.

Kiara is the definition of a hippie teenage girl. The environment is her passion and she is all peace until you mess with her friends. Don't fool with angry Kiara. Pope and JJ learned that the hard way.

"Come on! You can do it Gary!" Olivia cheered.

JJ laughed as he tossed the beer at him. "Man, they don't pay you enough."

"Come on JJ." Kiara sighed.

"That sort of initiative is begging to be punished." The blonde boy smiled.

"Besides, he survived." Olivia remarked.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you two." Kiara sarcastically groaned.

"What would you do without us?" JJ rebuttaled.

"Die of boredom." Olivia suggested.

"Maybe have a cleaner criminal record." Pope corrected.

"Pope your only saying that because of your merit scholarship." JJ teased.

"I happen to think Pope has lots of merit." Olivia defended.

"Do you even know what that word means?" John B asked from the drivers seat.

John B could be considered the groups head man in charge. The cheatau, his house, was the group's primary hangout spot. The HMS pouge, his boat, was the source of their fishing and joyriding. The Twinkie, his car, was the primary form of transportation through the pouge's many adventures.

"Not a clue." Olivia replied.

-

"Sarah!" An annoyed Aubrie groaned as she walked into the kitchen in search of her missing sunglasses only to see that they were resting on her sister's head. "Did you take my sunglasses again?"

The blonde girl batted her eyes at her twin sister, as she removed said glasses from her face. "Whatever do you mean?"

"Seriously Sarah?" She fussed, opening the fridge. "Go take Wheezie's stuff. It's less expensive."

"Exactly." The girl quipped. "Besides, is that not my pink bikini?"

Aubrie looked down to see that yes, she had forgotten to take off her sisters bathing suit before confronting her about the glasses. "I'll return the bikini when you return the glasses."

"Great." Sarah smiled.

"Hey while you're at it, return Topper and his dickhead friends to wherever they came from." Aubrie responded. "They can't even make good alcohol. Tastes like battery acid." She groaned, drinking the water she had taken to wash away the taste of Kelce's 'secret recipe'.

"Well you're welcome to go hangout with the pouges on the cut." Sarah smiled. "I bet they have some great cheap beer for you to drink."

The pogues were a touchy subject for Aubrie and Sarah knew that. They were best friends with Kiara and Liv, then suddenly they hated her. She didn't know why until she realized Sarah hadn't sent their invitations to their birthday party. "Yeah, whatever Sarah."

She grew up sheltered, the kook princess from Figure Eight. She felt smothered by the heat of expectations, desperately searching for a way to relieve the scorn of society's ever tightening grip on her.

The pogues has something she would never have, something her dads money could never buy here. They had freedom. They had each other.

Money couldn't buy that.

first chapter do we like it??

aubrie asf: