19: Where did I go wrong in loving you?

Start from the beginning

Beam: Okay. But just one. Not more than that.

Hanie: Yay

Hanie cheered, like the screaming and crying the moment ago didn't even happen, and happily looks outside the car, searching for ice-cream shop.

(Time skip)

FORTH: Here Hanie baby. Your favorite Strawberry.

Forth handed Hanie his ice-cream as he seat on the driving seat. Beam decided it is better to let Hanie eat ice-cream in car than taking him inside the ice-cream shop. Hanie will again refuse to come out.

Hanie: Tank you bunny uncle.

Forth ruffled his son's hair in cuteness. And take another one from the packet for Beam.

Forth: Beam. Here (Forth said with a smile, only it to be vanished in a instant.)

Beam: No

FORTH: It's your favorite dark chocolate?

Beam: It's not my favorite anymore. Hanie eat slowly baby. (Beam said in a kind of rude voice and focusing on his son, refusing to look at Forth.)

FORTH: umm o-okay. W-which flavor you want?

Beam: I don't want to eat anything.

. (Forth looked at Beam sadly. What did he expect? Everything won't be like it was in past, at least not now.)

Forth: okay. But please tell me if you want anything.

Beam: same.

Forth: what?

Beam: Nothing.

Beam leaned on the window, watching as trees passed. The "same", the same thing Forth has said him when they went on their first date. How loving and warm it sound that time, but today, the same words, from same person but he didn't felt that warm feeling rise inside him. Maybe he is too far now. Too far to feel those emotions again.

It's been half an hour and how they were few minutes away from their destination. Hanie was asleep. There were no words spoken between them. Forth glanced at Beam, who was looking outside. He was doubting in his mind. Should he tell Beam about the detective call? But Beam has so much going on? He finally decided to tell Beam everything. Four years ago he made a mistake of not sharing anything with Beam. He don't want to repeat it again.

FORTH: We have hired a detective to investigate what happened in past. He asked me to meet him today. You can come if you want.

Beam looked surprised. He didn't expect Forth to ask him about it. He knew Forth will try to find the main culprit behind the whole thing, but he didn't expect Forth to directly talk to him about it.

Beam: What's the point of doing it? Whoever it was, already got what it want.

FORTH: I know. But I won't spare whoever it was. They have to pay for their sin.

Beam tusked. The real problem was not who did it, but it was their relationship that fragile that it torn due to single piece of paper. Beam looked in front of him. Focusing on the road, and ask that he always wanted to ask Forth.

Beam: If only you had belief in me in past. Where did I go wrong in loving you? Is it because I was poor or I was orphan? Did I not satisfy you in bed?

The car suddenly came into halt. Though abruptly but Forth managed to stop the car smoothly. Successful in attempt to not wake his son.

Tears well in his eyes. Never ever he had found something wrong in Beam. It was not Beam's mistake at all and he didn't wanted Beam to think that he was lacking something.

FORTH: NOOOOOO. It was not you. It was never your fault. It was me all along......... Mom was pasturing me all the time because you know how she is. So in order to keep her mouth shut I did DNA test behind your back. You never lack anything. You were perfect for me in every way. It was me. It was my fault. I shouldn't have done DNA test behind your back. I am sorry. I am really really sorry.

Beam: Yes. It was your fault. You are the one who is wrong he-

"Papa."

The moment they heard the voice they stopped talking immediately and turn their attention to their son. He should not hear about it. It's not right time. And it's not a good way for Hanie to find about his father. Beam and Forth sigh out in relief seeing Hanie's half open eyes which means he had woken up this instant and didn't heard anything.

Beam: Oh baby what happened?

Beam said caressing Hanie's hair.

Hanie: Hanie Cuddle

Forth and Beam couldn't help but coo at cuteness of their son.

Beam: aww my baby. Come here. Papa will cuddle you.

" let me carry him."

Forth said as he opened door for Beam who was holding Hanie.

Beam: No. He will wake up.

FORTH: okay. I had told maids to prepare dinner. You and Hanie should freshen up. I will make everything ready.

Forth opened the front door silently without making any sound, not knowing something or someone was waiting for him there. Ready to throw fit with anger. Waiting for him to answer their questions. Waiting for Beam to take their revenge.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"