16: NOT READY TO FACE IT

Beam: Your sorry doesn't mean anything to me Mr. Jaturapoom. My heart has experience worst. Your cries and pleading won't be able to soften this harden heart. The damage has done and it's beyond repair. The Beam, you asking a chance for, is dead years ago. You want to know what happened to your Beam and his son when you throw us out like a garbage. You want to know how your Beam turn into this Beam, who is now standing on the verge of death along with his son.

(Beam asked Forth. He wanted to tell him the suffering he cause to him and his son. He wanted Forth to see how Forth will react when he know his deepest secret. Beam wanted to see Forth at its breaking point, like how he was four years ago. He stare at the figure in front of him.)

Forth: No

(Did Beam hear it right? Did he just say 'no'? No, the Forth he once loved was not coward like this. The person in front of him, was coward. Defeated. HE decided to ask again, There is no way Forth has said No, he must have heard wrong. The Forth he once loved was everything but coward.)

Beam: what did you say?

(Beam's ear perked wanting to hear yes from Forth. But what Forth said next make him prove wrong.)

Forth: I don't think I am ready to face it.

(Forth said in low voice, not meeting Beam's eyes. Beam got angry. He abruptly stand up beside bed and pushed Forth with all his might, which result Forth to fall on bed. Beam was angry, his emotions getting best of him. He grabbed Forth's collar, forcing Forth to look at him.)

Beam: Did I hear it right? You are not ready to face it? WAS I READY FACE ALL THAT MR. JATURAPOOM? WAS I READY TO SEE DIVORCE PAPER THE MOMENT I OPEN MY EYES AFTER DELIVERY? WAS I READY WHEN YOU GUYS THROUGH ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE WITHOUT ANY MONEY OR CLOTHS? WAS I READY TO FACE ALL THAT SUFFERING?

Forth: I am sorry please. I am really really sorry please. I regret everything.

(Forth pleaded. Beam release Forth from his hold. It was too much for him. He sat there leaning his back on nearby wall, looking at Forth with broken gaze. He wanted to let everything out. They both were crying silently looking at each other. One with regret while another due to misery.)

Beam: y-you.............you throw me out there Forth. No money, no food, not even a p-place to stay. P-peo--------- people were beating me, chasing me, calling me names seeing this face. H-Hanie kept crying, b-but-------------- but I had no money to buy something for him. H-he was shivering due to cold, but there was nothing else to warm him other than my embrace.----------- Me and my s-son lived on street for days Forth. For days. With no food, no warm cloths, nothing.--------- Whoever I tried to ask for work, will shove me away out of the s-store, l-like a dirt. ----------t-tell me was I ready to face all that?

(Beam looked at Forth, who was listening to him while crying silently. Beam got hold of himself. The person in front of him doesn't deserve him and Hanie. He wiped his tears with his long sleeves and stood proudly in front of Forth. HE had enough. He had enough of this drama of Forth.)

Beam: Oh, cat got your tongue now. Your sorries are too hollow for me Mr. Jaturapoom. Let's just stay the way you wanted four years ago. Help my son and get out of our lives.

(With that Beam started to walk out of the room.)

Forth: NOOOOO. No please. I can't. Don't do this to me. I will do anything but please don't shut me out of your life plea- ------- wait. What do you mean by verge of death? What does that mean? You are okay. Right? You should be. You have to. Not for me but for Hanie.

(Beam stopped and looked back at Forth with cold expression.)

Beam: Didn't you said you are not ready to face it. You are coward Forth. The biggest of all.