Chapter 28

Somewhere

Staring at the ceiling, Yamaguchi was finally calm. He's laying on the floor, hands on his abdomen protectively. His eyes were wet from tears, it shows no light, it was lifeless and hopeless. He doesn't have the energy to stand up nor move. He just want to lay there and stare at nothingness.

So, he already has a fiancée? Good for him. He's not going to suffer. All this time he has boyfriend in Tokyo? He's fooling him from the start. In the end he only regret acknowledging his feelings for the Alpha. He lose in a game that he didn't even know he joined in.

His mind was blank. The cold sensation of the floor is the only thing that assured him that he can still feel something. The dark room of his apartment witness his greatest downfall. And the life inside him will be his reminder that he was once fooled and hurt.

"Yamaguchi?" Yamaguchi can only blink after hearing hi friend's voice from the outside. "It's been... three days. I know you're here so can you please let me in?" Hinata asked, he's trying his best not to burst into tears as he pleaded hi friend. "I know you're there. If you have a problem you can tell me. I'll help you."

Yamaguchi remained quiet like no one is calling him.

"I just want you to know that I'm here. If you're not okay, just call me. I won't judge you. You know that." Hinata said that somewhat makes Yamaguchi tear up.

"I won't judge you." Those words plays like a music in repeat inside his ears but there's still a demon inside him telling him not to trust anyone or he'll just hurt herself one more time. His anxiety won and he remain quiet. He slowly stand up and lay on his bed hugging his pillow to finding comfort on it.

What to do?! What to do?! What to do?!

•••

The sun is not up yet but Yamaguchi found himself packing his clothes inside his luggage. Why is he leaving? He doesn't want to see Tsukishima's face anymore or he might be a prisoner with the case of murder. He doesn't know where to go but all he wants is to get away from here in case Tsukishima come back. He want to get away from the pain and forgot everything.

Shimada will always tell him that running away from problems can't solve anything. He said that running away is a race that you will never win but still, he want to try and when he can finally face everything. He'll make himself busy from everything to the point that he'll forget that he has problems, that's the plan for now.

Run away, make yourself busy, make sure the baby is okay and think what you will do next. That's the plan seems simple but it will never. He's far from home and his friend so it will never be easy. Leaving your comfort zone is one of the hardest thing he will ever do.

After finishing with packing his clothes he needs to carry a bag and a luggage, not bad. Yamaguchi stand up and sat on the chair, eating chocolates. He read in an article that chocolates is good to eat after having a panic attack, luckily he have one.

He pick up his phone and search for a place to go. He can't go in Shimada's house since it will be the first place they will think he might go. He can go south in Fukushima or go north in Yamagata. That's his only choice since he can't go too far due to his condition. It's hard to find an apartment with a friendly omega environment. He needs to leave before the sunrise. He doesn't have time to cry and be emotional.

After taking a good bath, Yamaguchi walk out of the bathroom with only towel wrapped around his waist.  He stopped after seeing himself in front of a whole body mirror. Yamaguchi then stare at himself intensely down to his abdomen.

"I'm curious, how many weeks are you there?" Yamaguchi asked his tummy caressing it gently. "I'm losing my mind here while you're chilling there and stealing all my nutrients. I hope you're happy." He said walking to his bag to get clothes.

"Let's check you up when we reach Yamagata. It's fall there right now." Yamaguchi said in a low voice like he's talking to a child. "If I'm right, you'll born around April and it's spring on that time! Lucky you." Yamaguchi chuckled slightly like everything is fine. He wear a white T-shirt and topped it with a creamed sweater since it's a bit cold outside.

"We'll ride a train to Yamagata and check in in a capsule hotel so we can drop our bags and find an affordable yet friendly apartment." Yamaguchi continue to talk since it's the only thing that keeps him insane.

After washing the dishes he grabbed his luggage and left his apartment. Yamaguchi didn't bother to clean up since it will take a long time and he only have a day to leave before Tsukishima came after him, if he really likes him but for now his feelings is not important anymore because if he ever saw his face again he might commit a huge crime.

"Let's wish not to see your father again, I don't want to be a murderer." Yamaguchi said as he close the door. He was stopped after seeing a certain orange headed boy, standing a meters away from him.

"Yams..." Hinata's voice cracked as he run to him wailing like a kid. "I hate you!" Hinata said but his tight hug says otherwise. "You're so mean! You didn't even answer my calls!" Hinata broke the hug to wipe his tears. Finally calmed down, Hinata notice the luggage beside the boy. "W-Wait–"

"Yeah." Yamaguchi cut him off.

"Then I'll come with you!" Hinata said, his voice was serious as hell. "Why are you leaving anyway?" Hinata asked.

Yamaguchi sighed. "You can't come with me–"

"Why not–"

"Because of Kageyama?" Yamaguchi answered making the omega shut up and look down. "You're a good friend, Hinata but I have to face this alone." Yamaguchi shook his head.

"Why are you leaving?" Hinata asked, confused.

"You're going to be an uncle." Yamaguchi said with a faint smile. Hinata look at him, confused, slowly processing what he said. His eyes dropped to Yamaguchi's belly then back to the omega.

"So you're going to live in Tsukishima's house?! Oh god! I thought you're going somewhere far away!" Hinata sighed in relief and then show his infamous laugh. "You're going to name him after me, right? Wow, Amazing!" Hinata said his eyes shining brightly as he look back to Yamaguchi's belly.

"Yeah." Yamaguchi answered in both questions. Of course the first one is a lie but he knows if he said no it will take them forever for Hinata to let him go. He feels bad for lying but he doesn't want his friend to stop him.

"Can I come with you on your first check up? I mean if only I can tag along?!" Hinata asked like he can see the future.

"Y-Yeah..." Yamaguchi look away. He can't lie straight to his friend's face.

"Wow! Wow! Wow!" Hinata beamed with energy. "I'll visit you in Tsukishima's house okay? Don't mind boss I'll tell him everything and I'll take care of your apartment while you live in your Alpha's house!" Hinata promised making him feel so bad. "I need to go now. I haven't sleep straight since I'm worried about you!" Hinata pat his shoulder.

Yamaguchi hummed as an answer.

"Don't tire yourself okay! Bye bye!" Hinata waved his hand smiling brightly.

"Hinata!" Yamaguchi call his friend's name before he finally leaves.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you and goodbye." Yamaguchi was indeed lucky to have a friend like him. "Tell others that I'm leaving now." Yamaguchi said as he give a small smile as a farewell.

"Okay!" Luckily his friend was too dumb to understand the second meaning of his word. Yamaguchi chuckled after calling Hinata dumb inside his mind.

Well, 'till next time.

—Welp. Sayonara, Yams.

peachlass