The new base and a plan

"You are the light in the darkest tunnel. I now know what that means now after what I have witnessed. You are the one from the prophecy of the old. You are the one who will lead Slugterra to It's victory." Mister Will states with hope.

"Me? You must be mistaken. I-I couldn't even save my town. Let alo-"
"You didn't have us then." Junjie grabs my hand with a light squeeze.
"We are a team- a family" Eli speaks confidently.
"Yes a family. Kids follow me." Mister Will waves us forwards as flames light in his hand.
"Da-dad?" Eli stares at him bug eyed.
"Yes, what you are seeing is true. Every protector of every set of Caverns has the ability to manipulate slug energy." He explains without stopping his walk.
"What about Ray? She isn't from another Cavern."
"She is the guardian of the teraportal to the surface. She is more than qualified for the ability. She is more powerful than she knows." He looks back when he says this.
"Junjie?" Eli looks at him.
"I am sorry my friend. I did not deceive you. I am now only able to fully control it. My time as the dark slinger... damaged my abilites. Master Lian had to retrain the both of us. Sadly her abilites never returned to her."
I see Eli relax a little. "No more secrets."
"No more secrets." Junjie repeats before the inside of an old hideout appears.
"It isn't much but it should be safe." Mister Will looks around before lighting the candles that are laying all over the place.
"There isn't much food here. And probably no slugfood so they'll have to eat human food until it's safe to leave." Mister Will slides and Mrs. Amanda slide covers off furniture. While the rest of us search the cabinets.
I go to my mechabeast and grab the two bags of food out and lay them on the stone table.
"Where did you find this?" Mister Will asks.
"I used to compete for everything I have until I met Eli and the Gang."
Jade flies to the center of the room and lights the candles of the shelves with blue flames.
"Compete?"
"Tournaments. A bunch of bad people there. I kept Drake at home while I was there." I keep it short before I grab the Blueprints I was working on before Mister Will got here.
"Is the hideout gone?" Drake questions with tearful eyes.
My throat goes dry as I kneel down to look him in the eyes.
"I don't know but most likely. We have to be strong. We have to do it for mom and dad."
"Are they dead?" He asks suddenly.
How do I explain this to a kid?
I pull him in a hug before I pick him up.
"I love you Drake." That's the only thing I can say.
"I love you too sis." He wraps his arms around my neck.
I have to make a plan. If I'm supposed to lead this war then I must have a plan.
I look at Drake and smile.
I have to keep him safe.
I walk around humming a lullaby until he falls asleep.
Mister Will gestures to a sleeping bag and a blanket he set up in the corner of the room.
I nod gratefully as I walk over and lay him down.
I join the others at the table after I grab a notepad from Onyx.
"I need to have a plan. Most Slugterrans are going to be afraid to fight. If we can guarantee the children's safety they might fight." I speak to everyone.
"We. Your not alone anymore." Trixie states as Pronto breaks his sandwich in half and hands it to me.
"Pronto are you sure?"
"Yes I am. You need to eat to."
I take the sandwich and bite into it.
"How will we be able to guarantee the children's safety?" Mister Will looks me in the eyes.
I swallow my food. "You know of the central caverns and Eastern caverns correct?"
Everyone nods with curious faces.
"There are the northern, western, and southern caverns. We need all of slugterra to fight. Since I am or was the guardian of a teraportal. I can sense out and activate any teraportal."
They nod along and allow me to continue.
"I suggest we bring our children to the southern caverns. The people tend to be very kind there." I smile a little. "They also have good food."
"What are the other parts like?" Trixie leans towards my direction.
"The Northern Caverns are bitterly cold year round. They mostly eat fish and most slugs can't survive there."
"Oh."
"The Western caverns are wild and unpredictable. The southern caverns is the safest place for the children to be."
"I agree with Ray." Mister Will finishes his sandwich.
"How will we get the other caverns to fight. I mean only the Eastern Caverns and us have really been affected by the ghouls. The Northen Caverns may not even know how to fight back." Trixie states.
"Do you have your holotablet?"
She sets it on the table.
"You have clips of the battles on this. You posted them on the slugnet. We could broadcast this throughout Slugterra if we have the technology or we can go through the center of each cavern and air it on T.V."
"That's a great idea but where are we going to do this."
I tap my chin in thought. Before a great idea comes into mind.
"Futuria Cavern. All the best scientist are there. If Blakk didn't get to them. Then they can create robotic slugs so if all hell breaks loose in the northen caverns then they can fight back." I write Futuria cavern scientist robo slugs broadcast message on the paper.
"Quintin! No no no no." Eli panics as his trembles.
"Who's that?" I whisper to Junjie.
He shakes his head. "I do not know."
"Son who is he?" Mister Will puts a hand on his son's shoulder.
"Mister Shane." Kord speaks up after putting an arm behind Eli to comfort him. "He was the one who invented Blakk's Titans." 
"Trix"
She grabs her holotablet and flips through until a pitcure appears.
"This is a Titan." She flips through multiple photos.
"Only a megamorph can damage it. I believe now Jade as the first Tripamorph can bring one down."
Jade floats to her shoulder.
"I don't think that's all." I look to Eli who is still trembling wide eyed.
"Eli your safe now. No one can find us here." I move the table back so I can sit on it and grab his hands.
"H-he." He takes a few shakey breaths.
"He is the one who created them. He cre-created this- this drug." He trails off for a moment. "I was a test subject. It- It hurt so much."  He says in a shakey whisper.
"Eli I had no idea." Trixie states.
"I almost gave in. I almost gave in." He hangs his head down.
"It made me... it made me see and feel things that weren't there... I wanted everything to stop hurting. When I didn't give in... that's when- that's when he... came in... and shot that Thrasher... I barely made it out.
I couldn't see or hear barely anything. I could only think about getting back to the hideout." He shakes his head.
"I don't even know how long I was there. It felt like forever." He looks up with tear stained cheeks.
"You were there for two months." Trixie says just loud enough for us to hear.
"We couldn't find you anywhere. We found your blasters but a group of men had them. We were out slugged. We tried to buy them but they wouldn't take the gold."
"Men? How many?" I ask darkly before I stand.
"8 maybe 9. They had their hoods up and masks so we couldn't see their faces."
"Kyle, Nate, the old man" I snarl.
"Ray?" Junjie calls out in a warning. "They work for Blakk." I frantically stand.
What if they placed trackers on our mechas?
Floppers how stupid can I be.
My fingers trace every part of each mechabeast until
"Ray" Junjie speaks up.
"We are safe here. We all need some sleep then we leave when the Lumino  light rises tomorrow."
"Junjie we are deep inside a cave with one exit. How will we know?" Trixie reasons with him.
"The slugs can tell."
Trixie nods when she leans on Eli who are both half asleep.
His parents look at them before us.
I shurg knowing the question.
"We'll take first watch." Grendel takes gruff as always.
"You kids get some rest." He says more softly.
I look around before Junjie gently grabs my arm.
"You need sleep."
He takes me to the corner of the room and pulls a blanket over me.
"Good night" he kisses my forhead before he begins to walk away.
I catch his wrist. "Stay" I open the thin blanket.
He lays down facing me. "Better?"
"Perhaps" I say with a smirk before falling sleep.