Escape

"Sissy." Drake shakes my arm. I open my sleepy eyes. "Yeah" I sit up from the rock floor. "You fell in the floor in your sleep."

"I didn't feel anything." I sit back on the couch. Drake follows me curling up by my side.

I smile gingerly as I cover him up. "Go back to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." I brush his blonde hair out his eyes. "Promise" He says with a wide yawn. "Promise" I lay back down shifting a bit as I wrap my arm around him.

I lay staring at the ceiling.

I'm going to make Blakk pay for everything he has done. Right after the Gang wakes up I'm going to train not only using my abilities but slugslinging and agility.

Eli POV

"Dad?" My small voice echos echoes through my dream. "Eli my son." His voice sounds hoarse like he hasn't had water in a few days.

My vision turns into a dungeon. My dad lays in a dirty old cell. Cuts of all shapes and sizes litter his body. His skin is deathly pale. His eyes have heavy bags under them. One of them is swollen shut.

"Eli I promise I will make it back."

I shoot awake covered in sweat and struggling to breath. "Was that a dream?" I rake my fingers through my sweat soaked hair. "Dad?" My voice cracks.

Burpy chirps in worry. "I'm alright Burpy I was just a..." I trail off not knowing what to say.

"Eli bro?" Kord knocks on my door. "Sorry Kord. I just..." I stare at the floor.

"Bro you don't so good." Kord had walked inside my room. "I saw my dad." I blurt out. "He was in a dungeon of some kind. He was beaten and he looked even more dead than the last time we saw him."

"We'll find him bro. We just don't have any leads yet." Kord looks around my room rubbing his chin.

"The book of knowledge might be able to give us some answers."

Before I know it I'm already standing on my two feet about to march downstairs.

"We shouldn't wake her up. When I was down there a few ago she finally was able to sleep."

I frow my brows together. "Yeah your right." I grab my other slugslinging outfit that is identical to the one I'm wearing now.

"I'm going to wash up. It's not like I'll be going to sleep any time soon." I stand still trembling a little bit.

"Bro?"

"I'm fine Kord. Don't worry about me." I give a fake smile. "Try to get some more sleep." I throw my blankets back in place sloppily.

"If you say so." He walks out unsure. Once he walks out I lean against the wall.

"What happened to him Burp?" He shakes his head not knowing. "Yeah I thought so." I hold my hand out so he can jump up.

"I'll be back in a minute Burpy." I set him at the foot of my bed before walking down the hall. I look down the railing seeing Drake snuggled up close to his sister.

I finish walking to the bathroom. I get a quick shower before quietly making my way down stairs; to get something to eat since I didn't eat when Trixie cooked.

"Eli is that you?" Ray asks with her back to me. "Yeah it's me. I got hungry. What are you doing awake?" I reply with hushed tone as I walk to where she can see me.

"I rolled over in the floor and Drake got scared." She looks at my shadowed face. "You look like Shit. Did you have bad dream?" She shifts to get up but Drake clings on to her shirt for dear life.