The light in the darkest tunnel

I stand beside Eli's dad while cooking breakfast for everyone. "I'm sorry if we upset yesterday." He apologizes sincerely as he chops up some tomatoes.

"You didn't." I watch the sausage I'm cooking. "I'm glad you made it back to Eli. From the little time, I have been here. I can tell It's been hard on him."
I put the sausage on a plate before washing the pan.

"Sissy" Drake calls out while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.
"Good morning buddy." I ruffle his blonde hair.

"Junjie he won't stop talking in his sleep."
"Junjie!" He's having another one.

"Mister Shane, may you take care of this?"
He nods while looking at Drake with an affectionate smile.

"Would you like to help?" He holds his hand out. "Yay!"
Will Shane picks him up as a mother would while cooking.

I rush upstairs to mine and his room that we share with Drake.
Not again!
I open the door and quickly shut it.

Junjie jerks in his sleep. "No!" His voice trembles. "Leave them alone." Sweat drips from his forehead onto the pillowcase.

"Junjie" I call out from a small distance.
"No! Don't touch them." His hand jerks in front of him. "Junjie I'm right here. Wake up it's just a dream."
His hands begin to glow from an Infernus slug energy.

I pull energy from a Slyen slug. I wave my hand near him. He jerks awake panting heavily and coughing.

"It was just a dream." I gradually walk closer to him. "I- I th-they-" he sputters out.
I sit beside him and kiss him gently.
"It was just a dream." I hold him tightly. "It's okay" I say in a hushed tone.  "I am afraid of losing you." He continues to tremble.

"T-" that's not going to happen. "I love you." I say instead. "I love you too... my Ruì lì."
I stay with him until his breathing slows.
"Do you feel better?" He nods against my chest.

"Good. Drake and Mister Will are making breakfast." I brush his damp hair out of his face.

"I am going to shower." He says quietly. "It would be most unpleasant for everyone to see me in this state."

I kiss his cheek as I walk out. I smirk when I see his face flush. I shut the door behind me.

"Is Junjie okay?" Drake asks from his seated position on the counter beside the turned off stove. I nod "Yeah, buddy. He just had a bad dream." I smile gratefully at Mister Shane.

"Breakfast smells great." I ruffle his hair before I take some plates down.

Slug fire is heard from outside.
"Shadow. Pearl. Jade." My two slugs jump from the counter. Lilith jumps into my blaster.

Eli and Junjie , who's hair is still wet and down, run down stairs with their blasters raised ,Junjie with Jo-Jo in his wrist blaster.

"Thuglet" all of us say in sync.
"Twist!" I snarl. "Drake stay inside." I tell him softly. "Gem watch over him." I say as I run to the door.

"Bring me the Book of Knowledge and the Shane's and I'll spare all of your lives." Blakk's chilling voice echoes through my ears.

"Never!" I snarl as I open the door.
Fear courses my veins when I see the fear demons.

I shut the door and look at them as the walls begin to turn to ash and the air becomes colder.

"W-we need to get out here!" My voice trembles as I grab Drake.

"Guys we have to bail!" Eli yells as Trixie, Pronto, Kord, Grendel, and Amanda race down the stairs shivering from the cold.

"What's going on?" Trixie wraps her arms around herself as ice begins to form over the walls.

"Fe-fear demons." I say terrified. The air grows colder. "Get to the service bay!" Mister Will runs in the opposite direction.

"What about you?" Eli stops him. I see he too is trembling. "Eli, son. I have to get something."

"Junjie take Drake and press the button on his robot animal we got him."

"What about you?" His voice serious. "There is a tunnel." Mister Will states from another room. Now he wears a double bandolier that fits 8 slugs across his chest and a white and orange blaster in his hand.
"Get your mechabeasts. Double up if you have to." The entire hideout rattles and the windows shatter.

I hear hissing and feel myself start to tremble. "Be brave." I say my mothers words to myself.

I bolt to the couch and grab the book of knowledge before I get on my mechabeast, Onyx.

I hear more hissing and ghoul fire.
I go forward into the hideout to where

Mister Will is waving to me. He sticks his hand up and I throw him on my mechabeast behind me.

"Are the slugs okay?" I ask when I dart into the new open space. Mister Will slaps his hand against the frame and the thing begins to collapse behind us. "Eli has them" He yells.

"It's a straight away. We have to make it to the end before they get inside!" I lean forward and drive as fast as possible on my mechabeast. I don't even notice my slugs glowing in my bandolier.

I hear Blakk cackling from the end way.

"We're almost there." Mister Will speaks just enough for me to hear. "Oh, I know."

I feel chills fill my body as the GoonDoc is shot.

"Jade!" I scream as I fire her at the Goon.
I stare back in shock as she begins to transform into another creature entirely.

"Jade?"

The tunnel fills with a soft blue light that acts as a dome. Protecting us from the Goon Doc.

"What in Slugterra was that?" Mister Will just looks me in the eyes until we reach the end. He jumps down and puts his hand on a circular engraving in the stone door. His entire arm glows orange until it closes.

"Ray!"
"Dad"
"Will"
Everyone shouts in relief.

"We were beginning to worry about you guys." Trixie states when Junjie grabs me by my waist and pulls me down.

"I thought that monster got you. Don't scare me like that again. I do not know if my heart can take it." He holds me in his arms for a few moments until his let's go to kiss my forehead.

"Ray." I nod to Mister Will. His face becomes serious. I can see hope shining in his eyes.

"Jade? No!" I burt my face in my hands. "I-I lost her." Tears begin to spill from my eyes.

I see a light from the corner of my eye. I see Jade floating in her new form but back to the size slighter larger than a slug.

"Jade!" I hold my palm out and she lands on it. "I thought I lost you." I smile before my face turns serious. "When were you going to tell me out this?"

"I didn't know. I've never reached 300 mph before." She defends herself. "You- what?"

"Rayleigh" Mister Will speaks once more.
I nod in his direction. "You are the light in the darkest tunnel. I now know what that means now after what I have witnessed. You are the one from the prophecy of the old. You are the one who will lead Slugterra to It's victory."

I haven't posted anything in a while but I hope you like this chapter. I think there will be only about 6 more chapter possibly less. If any of you have an idea for this Please let me know.