“You see, I never knew Gulf had a cool uncle like you,” a young boy was looking at Kao in awe at his adult style. “You looked young to be an uncle, though,” he added, and Kao had just remembered his name as Phuwin.

Kao wanted to strangle the guy named Gulf so much after he heard that. How dare that brat to introduce him to his friends as uncle?!

Instead, Kao gave the relatively innocent boy a tight smile and said, “I’m his cousin, not his uncle,” then, an idea hit him. He leaned into Phuwin and whispered, “You want me to tell you embarrassing stories of him? I got loads of them.”

At Phuwin’s enthusiastic nods and Gulf being left in the dark, Kao smirked and started to tell the young boy about any embarrassing moments in Gulf life that he knew.

When he looked up a few minutes later to see if the person he felt familiar with was still there, only to find the figure already gone.

***

“What did you talk to Phuwin, Phi?”

Kao looked at Gulf in annoyance, but he smirked, “My revenge on you introducing me as your uncle?” His answer sounded like a question instead.

Gulf looked at his older cousin horrifyingly, somehow having images of what Kao had filled into Phuwin’s head. He sighed defeatedly, and he pointed to the cafe not far from where they were standing. “That’s your bae’s workplace. There, you happy now?”

Kao glared at Gulf, “He’s not,” he said adamantly. “I had felt an attraction to him long ago, sure, but it was no different than a platonic feeling.”

Gulf looked skeptically at the older one, “Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that, Phi.”

Before Kao could retort to the younger’s cheek, they were surprised when the cafe's light dimmed. Kao hurriedly glared at his younger cousin, “It has already gotten so late, you dummy! If only that blind date of yours didn’t last this long,” he saw the close sign hanging on the glass door. “Shit.”

Gulf raised both his arms in a sign of surrendering, “I will take you here again tomorrow, Phi. I got all his schedule,” he said.

Kao contemplated for a few moments, “No need. I can come here alone now that I know where he works.”

“You sure?”

Kao nodded, “Yeah, that way he won’t know each other just yet.”

“Why don’t you show your face for a little bit tonight? Just so he could get a glimpse of you and knew you had come back to Bangkok,” Gulf gave the older one an idea.

Kao was about to refute the younger one’s idea, but his body betrayed him. His feet walked towards the cafe's door and opened it slightly, hearing a bell chimed the same time as he opened the door. He shoved his face a little bit, which gained the attention of the workers there.

“I’m sorry, sir, but it’s already our closing time,” the worker said.

Kao didn’t dare to turn his head to where he had seen the one person he had waited to meet stood. Instead, he nodded and turned back, sauntering even though his heart was feeling a bit spluttered at his action. He stopped short after realizing something, but he had made sure that the cafe’s occupants couldn't see him anymore, even from his back.

Why did I get thrilled?

***

Kao turned on the radio of his car and watched the road as he drove slowly. He had dropped Gulf off at the younger one’s house, and after refusing the dinner his aunt offered, he went back home feeling slightly put off by his confusion after he saw Earth again.